I don't know if anyone out there still checks my sad little blog, but after 4 neglectful months of Cyber-nothingness, I am back and trying to catch-up on our crazy, life-changing past few months (so warning to all, this will be a way-too-long post...I totally understand if you decide to move along to another blog's less-long post). My goal in 2011 is to actually keep up my blog, especially since we now live so far from many of the family & friends that we love. I know I LOVE to read your blogs and see what's happening in your lives, so for those who still care about the Buckleys (maybe only Sum & Shan), I will try to do better here.
Th
e year 2010 brought many changes to our lives. The best was the birth of our sweet little Elle Sherrie, who now at 8 months old, is so darling in all her chubby glory! I truly look at her every day and feel so thankful to have a daughter---maybe it's because my Mom is gone and I crave the Mother/Daughter relationship, but no matter the reason, we're so glad she's here! Elle is just the most pleasant, happy, smiley baby and to top it off, she rarely ever cries! Seriously, I went to IKEA with a friend earlier this week and when she dropped us off at the afternoon's end, she commented on how she had only heard Elle cry out once the whole day and it was right at that moment since Elle couldn't see me, her Mom. Don't get me wrong, I adore my boys, but this mellow, quiet personality thing is something I could get used to! Eric says "it's the Buckley in her." Ya, that's it. Since anyone who's met Eric knows what an extremely quiet guy he is. :) (Love ya, honey!)Please excuse the Oatmeal face, but these pics show the happiness that can most often be found on the face of my sweet baby girl! So delicious!


The other HUGE change was our September move to Salt Lake City, Utah after only 13 months of living back in Tucson. This change came suddenly and super fast! I was still mourning the loss of my GV2 Mesa gals and now I also miss my wonderful Tuc
son friends! So, Tucson ladies, enjoy partying it up on Bunco nights---roll a dice for me! And Mesa gals, have an extra Barro's cheese slice for me! :) I truly miss you all! But by far the hardest thing about this move was leaving the close proximity to my sisters, Summer & Shanon. In Mesa, I was living by Shanon for the first time in our adult lives and in Tucson, Summer and I shared a block (and almost daily in-face chats!) Thank goodness for phones but I still miss being with you both terribly!Now, I'll stop being such a Debbie-Downer and will say that we have moved into the best neighborhood here in Utah and are really enjoying settling in. We live 3 minutes from my Mom's sister Jana, and are only minutes away from my Grandparents, my Aunt Robin, and several of my Peterson cousins. Everyone has been so welcoming to us and make us feel like we are right at home. We are very blessed! Thank you all!
-Halloween at my Aunt Jana's House-
Before Trick-or-Treating, we ate dinner at Mark & Jana's with her kids and grandkids. Pictured are my 3 kiddos with Jana and her 3 darling granddaughters (Ashley & Nate's little ones).

Before Trick-or-Treating, we ate dinner at Mark & Jana's with her kids and grandkids. Pictured are my 3 kiddos with Jana and her 3 darling granddaughters (Ashley & Nate's little ones).

Tye & Spencer are loving what they call "real Winter" life. While I have a panic attack every time I drive in the snow, my boys can't get enough of playing in a backyard full of it! Being native Arizonans, we are all freezing, of course, and look like Stay-Puff-Marshmallow-Men (and Women) anytime we leave the house with our packed on layers, but this has been a fun change for our family to experience. Eric has even bought scarves and looks very handsome in all his sweaters, too! He is really enjoying his job as the Marketing Director at a medical/healthcare company. It's nice when your man comes home from a job he likes! Another note, one of my worst fears (truly, one of my WORST FEARS) was realized last Sunday when our Bishop called me to be a Gospel Doctrine teacher!!! This is the most terrifying thing to me as I feel like an Infant in a room full of Wise Adults. I am thrilled that we are studying the New Testament this year and hope to do a good job as I learn more about our Savior. But...Ugh!We had a great Christmas even though it was our first one without our families in AZ. Due to Eric's work related trips the week after Christmas, we had to stay in Utah and do our own Christmas week activities. So, we went to Temple Square to see the lights, ate delicious meals together (if, as the cook, I do say so myself!), went shopping & to movies, and talked to Eric's sister Stephanie who lives in Taiwan. It was really a lovely week together!


CHRISTMAS MORNING
Our three adorable blessings!
Yes, Santa did surprise us all and brought Tye his first 22-gun.Oh that Santa! I need to have a little talk with him...
Spencer opening his Santa gift---a Nintendo DS.Check out the pure joy in pic #2!

Elle opening her gifts with help from her handsome Dad.
TEMPLE SQUARE
Elle and I outside the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.
What a darling baby! (I know, I'm bias!)

The lights at Temple Square.


I know it was FIVE months ago (yes, it's been forever since I've blogged!), but another adventure in 2010 was our summer trip to Disneyland. Okay, let me share that Eric & I simply love Disneyland. WE L-O-V-E LOVE IT! We go there with the kids, we go without the kids---we just LOVE to go to Disneyland! So, we decided to do a 5-day Disneyland Parks vaca and wondered if that would be too much time with the Mouse. Answer: Five days is awesome at Disneyland! We never felt stressed since we could do all the rides we loved over and over as many times as we wanted. Each day we'd get there early, leave to go nap at the hotel & miss the afternoon heat, and then go back at night and stay until the Fireworks' smoke was gone! What a joy! We highly recommend a total Disneyland Parks trip to anyone who loves Mickey's place as much as we do! Good times! Our next destination: Disney World!
Waiting for the Parade to begin.

Awwwww, sweet! My Prince! :)
Tye climbing up Tarzan's Treehouse.

Drum-roll for the ride we did most?
It was a toss between the Thunder Mountain Railroad and Pirates of the Caribbean---each done six times! So fun!


Awwwww, sweet! My Prince! :)
Tye climbing up Tarzan's Treehouse.

Drum-roll for the ride we did most?It was a toss between the Thunder Mountain Railroad and Pirates of the Caribbean---each done six times! So fun!

Purchased on Day Two, these Mickey Ears never came off of Spenc's head! They were even slept in! Best $10 spent of the week!
Meeting the Man himself: Mickey!
Meeting the Man himself: Mickey!
And finally, I have to blog about these 5 sweet girls...
Shortly after my Mom died, my Dad said he thought that my Mom was going to help send down a batch of daughters, one for each of their 5 kids. Sure enough, over the next 4 years, we each had a baby and they were all girls! So, they were all given the middle name Sherrie (or Jono used it as his gals' first name) in honor of my Mom. We took this picture of the five of them at little Sherrie Anne's baby blessing in September. So special!
Shortly after my Mom died, my Dad said he thought that my Mom was going to help send down a batch of daughters, one for each of their 5 kids. Sure enough, over the next 4 years, we each had a baby and they were all girls! So, they were all given the middle name Sherrie (or Jono used it as his gals' first name) in honor of my Mom. We took this picture of the five of them at little Sherrie Anne's baby blessing in September. So special!
-The Five Sherries-
Adam's Savannah Sherrie (3 1/2 yrs), Shanon's Lily Sherrie (3 yrs), Summer's Claire Sherrie (2 1/2 yrs), My Elle Sherrie (5 months), and Jono's Sherrie Anne (1 month).
Adam's Savannah Sherrie (3 1/2 yrs), Shanon's Lily Sherrie (3 yrs), Summer's Claire Sherrie (2 1/2 yrs), My Elle Sherrie (5 months), and Jono's Sherrie Anne (1 month).

If you're still reading, I hope I didn't bore you too much with my monster post. Again, my goal for 2011: keep this blog up-to-date! Here's hoping! :) Enjoy your New Year and please give us a call if you're ever in SLC!


18 comments:
Wow! Santa was nice to bring Tye his first gun!! I thought that happened when he was 12! And Spencer's face is so cute!!! Holy Elle!! She is adorable all bundled up and that is such a cute picture of both of you and Elle!! We missed you guys at Christmas for sure but glad that you are happy in Utah! Love our little Sherries! THANKS FOR UPDATING AGAIN!!!! Let's make it a goal to update 6 times this year instead of 5!!!
you're not biased--she is SO ADORABLE!! I am so happy for you to have a little girl! :) You're kids are all so cute though. Seriously.
Glad you're getting more settled up there. I love Utah, but it would be SO hard to leave AZ now that we've been here for so long. I can imagine that it is quite the change.
Loved your update, I've been wondering how you guys are doing, but of course Iknow you were loving Utah, as I would be :D ADORABLE baby girl and boys! Good job Jaim!! ((HUGS))
I'm reading!! Love the blog...love the pictures...and love that you are in UTAH!
All I have to say about Tye with his gun (that HAPPENS to remind me of a Red Rider BB Gun), is "You'll shoot your eye out! You'll shoot your eye out!" Seriously, Santa...what were you thinking? Excellent pictures! I love the twinkles that are on the picture of your nativity scene. Elle is so stinkin' cute and I can't wait to see her again. I love Spencer's expression. I love the snow and I am sure that you are doing GREAT driving in it! And you will do fantastic with your calling. There was so much to your post that I could keep commenting, but all I will say is "Welcome Back!" Love you and miss you like CRAZY!!!
Oh, please tell Tye and Spencer that I love them so much and miss them. (Obviously Elle too, but she just won't get it yet!)
She is gorgous! Love all the pictures!
Ah!! I forgot to comment about the calling.. GLAD IT'S YOU AND NOT ME!!!!!!!!! You'll do great!!
Yay!!!! You posted. Jaimee, you are beautiful, and your kids are seriously so old and all sooo cute. I'm glad you like it up there in Utah. You willdo ah-mazing with that calling- thats just the way you roll...
miss you and all the fun/craziness of your stories- much love!
I'm still reading! LOVED the update and can't wait to hear more...
I still check for updates.....we would love to get together with you and your wonderful family! Maybe a SuperBowl Party?.?.?.?
great to read how you have been! Utah is great, and I'm glad you guys have settled in well there. I love all those "Sherrie" girls, that is so sweet.
thanks for the christmas card too, your family is gorgeous! (and that's an UN-biased opinion)
Loved, loved, loved catching up with all you've been doing. Miss you so much, but it looks like Utah is a great fit for you -- you all look wonderful(esp that beautiful Elle)!!
Thanks for the updates. We really missed you guys at Christmas but it looks like you had a blast. (And missed all the drama-rama I'm sure Eric filled you in on.)
Someday I may update my blog, but don't hold your breath. Keep updating, I want to see more@
Hey! What a fun update. I love seeing all of the Christmas pictures and the excited faces. Your boys are so cute and Elle is ADORABLE!!
We miss you guys here in Tucson!
btw--Bunco night is on hold and is just not the same without you!
Jaimee!! Oh your baby is so beautiful...I can't quit staring at her gorgeous, chubby, deliciousness! Man, I wish you were in Mesa BAD! Elle is really something! I can go on and on about her! You look so pretty in all your photos, your boys just as darling as ever too. I'm so happy your life is good. I wondered if you were in town over Christmas...I looked for any sign of you at your brother's house near my parents. I have thought of you so much lately. We must talk. I'll call you later this week and if you can talk great otherwise, get back to me when you can. Thank you for all the updates! Loved them and I love that you're the Gospel Doctrine teacher!! I miss you a lot friend. xoxo
It was great to read your blog update. I've thought of you and your family through the months. Your little Elle is as cute as can be! We too did Disneyland last summer. We did the five days. The best thing EVER!!!!! Never feeling rushed is the best! Miss you lots!!! :)
Post a Comment