Well, yesterday my sweet husband offered to take the boys to play soccer and then do baths & get them ready for bed so I could go to the grocery store & pick-up dinner by myself. As I was leaving Taco Bell (fabulous dinner, huh?) I received a text message from Eric that said, "hey, I'm giving the boys summer haircuts." I pulled into the garage and saw two bald smiling faces staring back at me. I mean, not a buzz-cut with the number 2 or 3 clippers, but straight-up a number 0 buzz-cut that is to the scalp! I could not believe it--- their beautiful blond hair was gone! To be "funny," I pulled in and Eric had left one spot of hair on each kids' head for a photo moment and then quickly shaved it the rest of the way off. Spencer keeps asking, "my hair will grow back, right?" as their Dad smiles and laughs with his boys as he remembers his childhood summer haircuts (isn't it do unto others as you had done unto you?!?) I am just thankful that my Peterson Family Reunion is not until the end of the summer break. Awww, summertime. 
Eric using his "talents" as a barber.
11 comments:
I can't believe he balded your kids...so where's his summer haircut?
My boys would in NO WAY sit still for that one...they are VERY picky about their hair :)
Hey and I thought I was crazy with the clippers. :) I guess it's a good thing boys hair grows fast!
That's so cute!!! We buzz Mr. T's hair...all the time. I love that we don't have to argue about combing it!!
But I just can't bring myself to do it to Gigantor yet...it makes them look so old!!
Your boys look ADORABLE!! We can't wait to play next week! ;)
Wow, Eric is never allowed to cut Bryson's hair!
Okay that is hilarious! You can tell how short it is especially with their old longer hair there. Oh Eric, I think he really just loves seeing your expressions when he does such "sweet acts of service" for you. Your boys do look cute though and it is the summertime. I remember Jono having buzzes like that.
Okay, those pictures are HILARIOUS of them with their little patches. But Jaimee, I actually think Tye and Spencer look really handsome with such short haircuts! (I know you don't want me to tell Eric he did a good job, so I won't, but for your own peace of mind I like their do's).
And just remember that this past November Annika had given herself a trim (we were able to salvage it and give her a cute bob). When she'd done that, Caitlynn said, "Annika, you are not supposed to cut your hair!" One week later, Caitlynn went and cut off her bangs. And I mean not just cut them shorter, I mean cut them OFF!!! We had to do a comb-over part until just recently. Now they actually look like short bangs!
For the record, there was a physiological reason for cutting it so short. Jaimee was a trooper, and kept a straight face in front of the boys (it looked like she wanted to cry when she first saw them).
My apologies to Jaimee for going too short... but when it grows back thicker, it will have been worth it.
Oh ya - Dad won't be getting this type of 'Summer Haircut' anytime soon.
Cute post. I think that is an awesome way to start out the summer.
I bet the boys just love the way it feels. It makes for a quick style for church . . . no gel and holding still.
Oh my goodness! I've always wanted to do that to my boys (for some weird reason). I love the pics of the patches of hair!
Hilarious. They look darling! Although, I must admit I think I would shoot Tim if he did that to Townsend :)
Love the doooooooooos and they are presh w or w/o hair (the basics).
Need to see a post of your family room por favor.
Post a Comment