
The Decker Grandkids
We started our trip by going up a few days before the reunion so we could hit the Utah hot spots. We stayed with my Aunt Jana & Uncle Mark at their "Hotel de Staples" and with the royal treatment we received are thinking about just moving into their basement! Their accommodations, company, and food were too good, so many thanks again, Jana! We went to visit dear friends, Jueneta & Cameron, who moved from Tucson just before we did and now live in Draper. We also took the boys to the Salt Lake City church sites and then to a visit at Gram & Grandpa's house. It was a great beginning.I loved being at Gram & Grandpa Burke's house with Tye & Spencer and being able to show them where so many of my good childhood memories took place. It was really special to me. The boys loved their huge, green backyard.
Zermatt Resort Entrance

THE JOYS OF PARENTHOOD and POLICE INVOLVEMENT?: Well, my sons and Summer's oldest daughters started the reunion out with a bang! As we grown-ups unpacked, these 4 kids played "spies" and the younger two, using their imaginations, decided to call 911 to report that "one of their cousins had a bomb in the hotel." Needless to say, the police officers that came to the Zermatt were understanding and had a good laugh at our 4 & 5 yrd olds' mistake. (Note to Self: Teach Spencer and Annika the difference between a real working phone and an old unplugged phone that they can play with at home.)
I appreciated Gram and Grandpa Burke's spiritual comments to us during one of the evenings, and the repeated phrase to "keep your knees polished"-- Grandpa's motto to remind us to pray to the Lord always. It was a wonderful week and I feel so blessed to come from such great people. I want to thank Gram & Grandpa Burke again for such a great time. You really know how to throw a party!
Fun "Cousins Only" Lunch (Thanks for the picture, Sum!)
Lunch and play time at the park. Here we are with our gracious hosts, Gram & Grandpa Burke.
All the "Burke Boys": Each of these guys is named after the Patriarch of this family, H. Burke Peterson. My cousins Dallin Burke and Darren Burke, with my favorite Spencer Burke. Spencer continues to remind Grandpa Burke that "we have the same 2nd name!" Cute, cute, cute.
*Pictures From Our Time Together: We had game nights, skit nights depicting scenes from Gram & Grandpa's lives, sing-a-longs, picnics, pool parties, shopping trips, spiritual lessons, and more. It was truly wonderful! (Even Eric had fun with the other husbands getting in 2 rounds of golf, fishing, and going to a midnight showing of "The Dark Knight'.) Talk about a good reunion!
Gram & Grandpa Burke with all their grandkids. (Well, almost all of them--Elder Tanner Staples will be in the final picture thanks to Photoshop!)

My cousin, Jordan, beating the previous family record by stuffing 24 large marshmallows into his mouth at one time. My boys thought Jordan was cool, but after this performance, he went to a whole other level! My cousin Hayden looks on as a marshmallow-handler and supporter.
The boys at Olympic Park in Park City.
Eric took the boys fishing one morning with my cousin Ashley's husband, Nate Quist. All 3 Buckley guys loved it and we hope Nate did, too. (Nate, thanks for your patience with our two energetic-first-time-fishing-little-boys! Eric says next time we're in Utah, he hopes you'd be up to fly-fishing with adults only.)
The Arizona Cousins- these housewives are too sexy! And you should have seen our performance of "Memory" at the Friday night sing-a-long. This is the song that we Deckers and Steeles have sung together for 25+ years every time we get together in Arizona. Usually my Mom plays the piano and then we all sing and, of course, do coordinating hand actions. Mom would have been so proud!


10 comments:
wow, you guys have been busy. matt has told me to inform eric that he is quite bummed that he didn't get a phone call or visit especially since we are 10 minutes from BYU....JK we would love to catch up with you guys some time though. matt still brings up memories of he and eric in brazil and would be great to get "all" of the boys together.
Oh I almost forgot about the bomb threat! That was a fun way to start the trip. Looks like you guys had a much better Temple Square experience than we did!! Your pictures are cute!!
Love it all!! I had no idea about the bomb threat! Hilarious!! It was so great to see you guys and I know my parents LOVED having you stay with them. I hope you don't mind I copied that picture of Jordan stuffing the marshmellows. NASTY!! Come up again soon guys and tell the boys to bring the fishing poles. Nate is ALWAYS ready.
I didn't know about the bomb threat...it would have brought real legitimacy to our reunion. I wish we could get together every week. Love you guys.
and I wanted to say thanks for the DARLING book marks. I already am using my.
I kept looking at the photos because all those places is where I grew up!
I miss the green green green!
And the door note is very sweet.
(and who would paint their house plum?!)
It was so fun to see you guys . . . please come again and stay longer. Wow, that spa looks amazing. What a fun trip for you guys.
Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! And you were out of the heat. Even better!!!
Love all the pictures, I can't believe the marshmallow record and the bomb 911 call, that's too funny. You look great and I think is so sweet of Eric to write on your door.
It's good to have you back, I was wondering what happened to you. Glad you were out having fun!
And the next post, how sweet of your man, but of course he's right, you are just beautiful! And I love the picture of the boys with the Temple in the background...awesome!
Post a Comment