Thursday, June 26, 2008

Play Room is Done! YEAH!!!

We finally sold our house in Tucson and it closed on May 29th. Yeah! We have since been busy unpacking and remodeling/redecorating this house. I'd forgotten just how much work goes into getting a house set-up and looking the way you want it to. I should have everything unpacked and the way I like it by Christmas?!? Seriously, there is a lot to do! But I finished my boys' playroom this past week and it looks so cute! Okay, Eric is going to paint the closets white on Saturday, but I couldn't wait to post my cute Americana Playroom. The boys love it and it's also a great place for my treadmill because I just move the little table out of the way and I have plenty of room. Painting (okay, measuring the straight lines, taping them off, and then painting) the stripes was a ton of work- thanks for the ideas & moral support, Jueneta- but turned out sooOOO cute! Since I'm thanking people: thank you Summer for teaching me how to get straight lines on orange peel walls, thank you Carol for the decor help, and thank you Eric for helping me finish the final painting stage. I just love this room! Now, onto the next project... my boys' bedroom.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaimee, it is so, so cute...and I am a professional interior designer. Is it Jono's old room? Good Job.

Kris-10 said...

And it looks even cuter in person! I just love it, and what you have done with the rest of the house!

Hillery said...

Looks fabulous! What an accomplishment! I want to see it sometime.

Tim and Jennifer said...

That looks SO good. What a cute room. Let us know how long it stays that clean :)

The Quist Family said...

LOVE IT! I was thinking of doing something like that in my kids room. Too cute :)

P.S. I would love to see what the house looks like since it's been redone! Can you email me pics? :)
naquist@gmail.com

Summertime Designs said...

Jaimee, I just LOVE this room. You really did a good job and I just love all the things you are doing with the house. You really have an eye for things. Can't wait for it all to be done! I know it's a lot of work fixing up all of Mom's cute mistakes...like how there's that one place in the guest bathroom where the wallpaper didn't quite fit right so she just cut another little rectangle of wallpaper and placed it right on top! Totally not discreet!

Janel said...

It looks great!! I am going through the same pain of trying to unpack/redecorate and it is so overwhelming! I really want to do those stripes in my upstairs family room, I'm gonna need all of your tricks to doing it right! I want to come see it all in person soon!

mindy said...

i can see why you love it--great job!

Nuestra Familia said...

Wow, you have done an awesome job! I'm sure your boys love to play there. I'm glad you finally posted, I was wondering how you were doing...very busy I see.

mormonmovieguy said...

It's okay. My room was alway a play room anyway, what with the superheroes and the sharks. Looking good!

Ashlie said...

Can you come decorate my house . . . That looks so great!

jenny said...

You guys did a great job!! One of these days I need to come over and see it in person.