The Devil came down to Arizona,
He was lookin' for a soul to steal,
He was in a bind
'Cause he was way behind,
And he was willin' to make a deal.
When he came across this young kid
Gnawing on a corn dog and eating it (NOT)
And the devil jumped up on the counter-top
And said, "boy, let me tell you what,
"I guess you didn't know it,
But you don't need to eat that food
And if you care to take a dare
I'll make a bet with you.
"Now I see you hate eatin corn-dogs, son
And all the food your Mom gives to you,
I'll bet you good dessert, more Scooby-Doo,
And that your Mom won't catch you."
The boy said, "Well my name is Spencer
And I can't really sin (under 8)
But I'll take that bet,
'Cause I never regret
And I don't mind remaining thin."
CHORUS:
Spencer, just ignore the devil and his rotten deal
Focus on choosin' good and finish your great meal.
And if you choose the devil's plan you really can not win,
When you get caught, Mom will never trust again.
So, the devil opened up this drawer
And he said "I'll show you, come near
The way to get rid of unwanted food,
Just place it right here."
Then he pulled the boy across his lap
And gave an evil sneer,
"You don't want this yucky food
Just keep 'losing' it in here."
When the devil finished Spencer said,
"Well that's a pretty good thought.
I can get away with it
And just keep eating the desserts Mom has bought."
Well Mom eventually discovered
Spencer's mischievous hiding spot.
And called the boy front and center
To explain this terrible lot.
Mom said, "Spencer, we eat our food
That has been given, dear.
I done told you tons, you son of Eric,
No more dessert will be offered here."
CHORUS:
Spencer, just ignore the devil and his rotten deal
Focus on choosin' good and finish your great meal.
And if you choose the devil's plan you really can not win,
When you get caught, Mom will never trust again.

This morning after breakfast, Tye discovered that Spencer has made a food-hiding-drawer. I've noticed lately that once I mentioned dessert, that Spencer would quickly "eat" his meal. Well, it turns out that he has been stashing his food into this drawer under the counter-top when I wasn't looking and saying that he was done. The sad thing is that the meals he was stashing were yummy-kid-loving-summer-meals! In the drawer I found a corn-dog, half a BBQ beef sandwich, a chicken nugget, 2 peanut butter sandwiches, 2 cheese crisps, half a pizza slice, half a meat sandwich, and Fruit Loops cereal. These are mostly the junk food meals that kids should love! We've been eating more of this junk these past few weeks since we've been busy moving and unpacking boxes. As Eric and I were talking about how sad it was that my baby lied to me, we started joking around to this song, saying Spencer followed the devil, and then the song just flowed. Hope you enjoy our laugh! (BTW- I just discovered that as I've been blogging this, Spencer used the toilet and then decided to play in the water. Yes, Eric found him with his foot in the toilet. I NEED A DAUGHTER! There are too many boys in my house! Even my dog is male! Mom, put in a good word for me and please ask God to send me a girl!)

Spencer usually sits on the middle bar stool and if you look under the counter to the left you'll see two drawers and cupboards. One of these is Spencer's rotten food drawer. Lovely, huh?
22 comments:
LOVE THE SONG!! You guys are talented and way to go Spencer. He must have learned from his Aunt Summer although she just used a napkin. I like his idea better. It is harder to find!
so funny! i understand the disappointment from your perspective, but really, how funny!! how long do you think this was going on?
LOL! That poem was so clever! I read the contents of the drawer to my sister over the phone and we got a good laugh over it.
That is SOOO funny!! Oh...just so cute. I cannot believe he had "eaten" that much! Jordan used to hide his food inside his dinner rolls. To each their own :)
I think that each family has a mischievous one . . .ours is Gabby. I love the poem/song. You are creative. How is the striped room coming along?
Jaimee that is hilarious! And Shanon, thank you for mentioning me to the world about being a picky eater...I'm much better now. Gram, you'll give me $5 to try a tomato? Bring it on! Back to Spencer, I love that there was a MASSIVE supply in there. Luckily because it was all processed foods jam-packed with preservatives, that drawer probably didn't smell TOO stinky. Yes, daughters are great...most of the time!
LOL! To funny! What a very ingenius child you have...watch out for him! AND yes, you DO need a girl :)
Holy crap that's funny. What a clever family! House looks great, too.
That was so cute! I don't know if you remember me or not, I worked with you at DB. I was so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I remember her coming into DB. She was a very sweet lady. You have two very cute boys! Evi Fyffe *Ü*
Hi, I promise I'm not stalking you, or some wierdo, but I saw that you left a comment on Laurie Ray's blogsite, and I couldn't help but notice your last name. It is my maiden name! I don't run across Buckley's very often, and frankly your husband looks like he could fit right in with my family. I don't know if we are related, but here is my email address and maybe we can find out! ;)
Sorry to bug you.
Kim chee24@hotmail.com
I can't believe his food drawer, what a smart kid!
Oh, my I am laughing so hard. You have to admit that was pretty dang smart! I'll have to let Doug read this--that is his ultimate FAVORITE song.
Cute Spencer, he is such a good boy even if he doesn't finish his dinner. Your house looks so great!
Ok I"m just now seeing this! I"m behind in blogging. ha ha
This is SO FUNNY!!! What a little stinker! LOL
Oh by the way, THANK YOU for helping me with the sewing project at Enrichment tonight!!!
YOU ROCK!!!
My girls LOVE their aprons!!
Isn't this a great way to keep updated with everyone!!! Your boys are tooooo cute! Let Eric know that Matt says Hi! We would love to meet up with you guys sometime. You'll have to let us know when you are in Utah again.
What a riot. My kids never cease to surprise me. Love the house too!
Can you say TALENT!!! That is one of the cutest and most clever things I have EVER read!!! (Not to mention hilarious!!!) Aren't kids the BEST!!!!
I laughed out loud! Love your poem! You have to admit your little guy is quite the a smarty! So I guess you need to just serve gourmet dishes and veggies and problem solved? Oh, and BTW, your house is beautiful!
Okay, that song is hilarious!! And I especially love the food drawer. So funny!
Post a Comment