Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I Love Monday Holidays!

First of all, I have dreaded attempting to blog since I know I am way behind in my posts. But with the move and just not feeling very well lately, I am behind in my "blogging duties." So, for those who even care, today I will blog as normal and do a massive update post soon. Here goes...


I love Monday holidays, when you know you get one whole extra day to play! Especially knowing that Eric will be there makes me so happy! Well, as I wrote above, I wasn't feeling all that great this weekend, so Eric took the boys shopping for school tennis shoes, a job he took over when Tye began Preschool 5 years ago. Total tangent but funny story... I bought Tye, horror of horrors to his Dad, Payless tennis shoes for the school year! Apparently this was not okay since Eric's sons "need" to wear TRUE athletic shoes: Nike, Adidas, etc. I see nothing wrong with Payless tennis shoes and even picked their store gift card as my Bunco gift last week. Eric says they are a great store for the boys' Church shoes, but his boys wear the REAL stuff in tennis shoes. (Am I back in Junior High or reliving Eric's own childhood trauma?!?)

Anyways, once I relaxed a couple hours on Monday, the guys came home and off we all went to the Driving Range for our Labor Day activities. I loved watching my 3 guys drive and put and put and drive. I golfed a little myself (ha, ha) but mostly enjoyed the view. I love slow days like this where I can take time to watch my guys and think about all the little changes they've made over the years. I've been very nostalgic lately and can not believe my boys are in Kindergarten and 2nd Grade! Eric and I are developing little wrinkle lines by our eyes and it is shocking to me! When did we all grow older?!? Anyways, we came home to eat a yummy French Dip sandwiches dinner, play Disney Memory game (Spencer's request) and then off to bed. A wonderful Monday holiday!


Tye has really picked up on some golfing basics quickly and I know Eric is excited to have a future golfing buddy in his own family!
Babe-O-Rama!

Don't you love Spencer's "golfing shoes" aka crocs?!?
Eric told the boys to put their tennis shoes on before we left, so this shows who listened to Dad and who didn't. These shoes were a tad out of place on the greens. :D

My cute little boys!

9 comments:

Jueneta said...

How fun for the boys. Your boys are getting so big. Blogging has been hard for me too lately, but I feel so important with all the craziness. Good luck blogging.

Lana said...

Your boys have the cutest dang smiles! Sounds like a perfectly wonderful way to spend Labor Day. It makes me want to go to the driving range and have Porter teach me anything about it since I'm tragic with a club. :) Hope you're feeling better soon.

sara said...

Hope you are feeling better so we can catch up. Jake and I have been going to the driving range on Wed. nights, like a date night for him and I. He LOVES it! Cute pictures and I can't wait to read all the rest of the happenings of the Buckley's.

The Scotts said...

Okay, so we went to Payless to get Lily some sandles last night because nobody is selling them anymore!!AAAHHHHHHH!! Anyways, their shoes for my 2 yr old were $18.99!! What, at Payless? Target is way cheaper and cuter! Go with the Nikes for the same price Eric! Cute pics.

Kris-10 said...

How fun for you all. Mark had a good time with Eric this weekend. Aren't we so nice to let our men folk go. :o)

We sure miss you guys!

Summer said...

miss you Jaimee. Hope Tucson is treating you well!

The Scotts said...

I SEE THE BABY!!!!

Kimberly said...

Congratulations on the baby, Jaimee! When you said you "generally weren't feeling well," pregnancy was the first thing to pop into my mind. I'm so happy for you. I'm actually pregnant too. Due in March. What fun!

Jueneta said...

Congrats on your baby announcement!!!! I am so happy for you.