Monday, December 14, 2009

Life's Ups and Downs

I know I haven't blogged in FOREVER and couldn't possibly catch up all in one post---the thought stresses me out! :D So, for any who care, my goal is to, little by little, blog current events plus stories and pics from the past 5 months.

The great joyful "Ups" began on Thursday afternoon when Eric & I discovered that we are expecting a Baby GIRL!!! We could not be happier! Our boys are thrilled and I look forward to buying all those baby items in pink! :D

Our sad "Down" came the next day when it became apparent that we needed to put our beloved Shih Tzu, Newman, to sleep. He was 10 years old and Eric & I had been wondering how long his health would hold out. Without going into details, he'd had a really bad two weeks and took a turn for the worst Friday afternoon. It was very painful for our entire family. It's amazing how often I talked to Newman daily when he and I were home alone. I keep finding myself telling him that I am leaving this room or that room so he can come with me, and then he just isn't there. Ten years is a long time to have a little sidekick/companion and then just have him gone one day! I feel stupid crying so much over a dog but he was a wonderful pet and will be sorely missed.

This picture was taken 9 years ago, when Newman was just 1 year old. Since we did not have kids yet, Newman truly was my baby!
This is Newman seeing where Eric disappeared to when he jumped into the shower. He used to stand and see where his buddy went each morning. This stopped once Eric started closing the bathroom door for privacy (see, Newman was like a kid--no alone time in the bathroom!)
Eric in grad school trying to study while Newman sits and watches.(I have darling pics of my boys with Newman but my scanner is down so I'll post them once Eric gets home and fixes it.)

One of the biggest "UPs" in our family's lives happened this weekend...
JONO GOT MARRIED!!!
Yes, our Spud Man married Miss Alicia Jackson this past Saturday and we couldn't be happier for them both!
I love this picture of Jono & Alicia and her little boy, Tyler (3 yrs old), who ran up and gave them a big hug!
ALL the reception scene pics were taken by my sisters, Summer & Shanon, so thanks for letting me steal them gals! :D
Obviously, this is Jono & Alicia cutting the wedding cake. My wonderful step-mom Carol threw the most posh wedding dinner/reception at her & my Dad's place! Yes, it was gorgeous! Carol truly is Martha Stewart and every family meal we have is set beautifully! Shanon was her assistant wedding coordinator and they did an amazing job!
The Decker Originals--we missed you, Mom!
Shanon, Dad, Adam, Jono, Summer, and Me
The Buckley Family
My handsome Tye Guy!My darling Spencer Burke!The Adam & Monique Decker FamilyThe Jared & Shanon Scott Family
Okay, I will post Summer's family pic as soon as she emails it to me---they looked darling, too!

Hope your Ups and Downs all end up happy and that you enjoy your holiday season!
Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

The Scotts said...

I guess we have the downs for a reason. Loved your ups! And great family picture. Very cute of Newman and he will be missed.

Lana said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the girl coming your way!!! I'm really excited for you!! YEAH!! So sad to hear about the doggie though. That is a complete bummer. Hard to replace a friend for that long. :(

Jueneta said...

I am so excited that you are expecting a girl. Sorry to hear about Newman.

Wunderwoman said...

Yeah for girls! So sorry to hear about Newman, I had a darling shih tzu too (looked alot like yours) I will definitely have one again some day.

Brenn said...

AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! That is SO exciting Sis. Buckley!! :D

Summertime Designs said...

Jameson, I can't believe that I forgot to come check your blog! I am so excited to have a new little niece! It's so fun to hear Tye and Spencer talk about her. I am so sorry about Newman. Everytime I come ring the doorbell I recognize that I don't hear him barking at the door. Cute pics and glad you took so many of him. And we did not take a family picture that day...at least not with my camera. I know Sarah (the REAL photographer) took one with hers, so I'm anxious to see it!

Karen said...

Congrats!! and keep on posting!