In honor of my sister Summer's favorite "holiday," my family woke up to this Groundhog vignette on the kitchen island...

Of course tonight will include watching the movie "Groundhog Day," the M&M game of "Don't Eat PHIL (Pete)," and Summer's traditional dessert of Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes with a groundhog peeking over the top of each ramekin cup (groundhog pic on a toothpick). Summer's goal: get the whole USA to join us in our Groundhog Day traditions! Just something silly & fun to do with your fam! Enjoy! :)The boys eating breakfast after watching Punxsutawney Phil emerge just after dawn to make his 125th annual weather forecast. No shadow, by the way, which predicts an early Spring. Our SLC weathergal said "don't hold your breath" since she sees more cold, cold, cold days ahead for us here in the Wasatch front.
Tye asked, "So basically, Phil is just a legend with no scientific truth behind him whatsoever?" Maybe we shouldn't have told him about Santa this year? It kind of taints his thinking...


5 comments:
SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!! You win the contest for best celebrated this year! I have to print off pictures right now! We were just going to have molten cakes with Phil in them. Elle looks beautiful!!!!
Wow! You went ALL out!!!! I was about to make our dessert, and then my wonderful visiting teacher Corinne showed up at my house with 6 cups of Dirt Dessert and said, "Happy Groundhog Day!" I said to her, "I can't believe you remembered that it's Groundhog Day!" And she said, "I know how important this day is to you, and now it's become a family tradition of ours to celebrate it too!" I love that we're spreading the love! Elle looks so cute!
Never celebrated groundhog day, but you get major kudo points for making a fun day for your kids. that is one super cute girl!! If Matthew was a girl, his name would have been Elle. (I got pregnant with Matthew when Leah was 5 months old)
Your decorations are adorable!!! That looks like you guys had a fun time for groundhogs day. We really didn't do much this year. Elle is so cute!!! Miss you guys TONS.
Wow, I didn't even know when Groundhogs day was. ha ha. Lucky kids to make any day a celebration. :)
Post a Comment