Saturday, February 12, 2011

Kids Being Kids

Our boys started Karate lessons last month and are absolutely loving it! Wearing the GIs, obeying their Sensei, learning cool moves---we have found little boy heaven!
At the end of the first lesson, the instructor taught them to say,
"Domo Arigato, Sensei." I turned to Eric saying, "he is having them quote that song, 'Mr. Roboto!'
You know,
'Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto!'"
Eric just looked at me, laughing, and said, "Are you serious? The song is quoting Martial Arts Instructors everywhere---this is where the Styx got that line!" So, how embarrassing for me, but I am glad to now know this piece of info! :D


While at 9 months old, Elle is too young to begin any sort of lessons, she is happy each day to play with her two favorite "TOYS." What are these items you ask? A spoon and a stacking cup. Yes, with tons of darling age appropriate toys all around the house, Elle continually picks these two items and they bring her the happiest smiles each day! Go figure. Here is Elle with her prized possessions. Hope you enjoy these pics! (Warning: Picture overload below. Indulging in a Proud Mommy Moment!)

6 comments:

McElprangs said...

Your kids are so cute and getting so big!

The Scotts said...

How fun for your boys!!! They look so cute and lol!! I'm with you on the song. Elle is adorable!!!! I'm sad you live so far. Isnt that how it goes, why do we even buy toys?

Jueneta said...

Such cute posts. Your daughter is so beautiful. I can't believe that you don't eat all that candy in your holiday jars . . . what discipline.

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

The "toys" themselves are beyond cuteness: all nice and soft pink colored!

Wait until your boys get interested in wrestling in middle school...

Sherri said...

I have thought about getting my 5 year old into karate...your boys look like they are having a blast! =)

Anonymous said...

ELLE IS SO SO SO SO SO SO SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!