I know, I know. I'm jumping the gun a little wishing you all a Happy Valentine's Day, but hey, it's the Season of Love and we really needed some cheery decorations around here! It's been cold, foggy, and dreary outside and I was feelin' the Winter blues. Blah! My Solution: mid-January I decided to break out the Valentine's decor so we could enjoy the lovey cheer for more than just two weeks. I grew up in a home where my Mom decorated for EVERY holiday and it was always so fun! So, I too, do this in my home and love to decorate for the various holidays.One of my favorites is Valentine's.

As with most of my holiday vignettes, there is really nothing fancy---just some cutesy little objects that I love. And as those close to me know, I love creating vignettes! I feel that decorating for the holidays is a way to celebrate the different seasons of life for my family. And. . . it's fun! :D
This year I found the directions for the below heart garland on {Scrappergirl} ---super cute and super easy! So my friend Ashley and I took a shopping trip to Hobby Lobby & Michaels to buy our supplies and then got together to each made a darling heart garland for our house. We loved how they turned out!(Notice the two red rosette balls from my January 20th post? Turned out adorable!)


By the way, I love love love Apothecary Jars!
I have used them with each holiday: 4th of July with atomic fireballs, starlight mints, and red/white/blue taffy; Easter with marshmallow Peeps, jelly beans, & chocolate eggs; Fall holidays with candy corn, black licorice, and caramels; Christmas with candy canes, red & green M&Ms, and mini ornaments; AND Valentine's with cinnamon lips, gum balls, and any other red candy. I've bought these jars over the years at Michaels---regularly priced $10-30, but they're even cheaper when you use your 40% off coupon, which I've done for all that I own. But look out, because these jars will start out filled to the top and then the supply will slowly (or sometimes quickly) diminish!
I had enough extra supplies to make another heart garland for my Great Room's mantel, too. I changed the papers a little bit from the entryway garland but since I obviously think this is such a cute idea AND it's super easy, how could I not make a second one! Too cute!
Of course my Dining Table would not be complete without its own little V-vignette. The theme here is Love Birds! See the darling Wonderfully Wordy Love Birds plate, my birdhouse w/ decorative balls, Tattered and Inked free printable "I love you a bushel and a peck," and of course, my heart frame featuring some real life Love Birds kissing! :D Cheesy you say? True, but I grew up with pics of my parents kissing everywhere around the house and I think it's a great thing for kids to see of their parents. (Makes me smile, too!)
Antoher cute idea. . .these darling Valentine's cards!
My cousin Cameron's wife Stephanie, has the most creative ideas and last year I saw this idea on her blog and decided to copy it! So, since I am creatively challenged AND computer illiterate, I turned to my fabulously talented sister Summer, to help me design them and voila---aren't these so cute!?! Such a fun idea for Valentine's Cards! Thanks to both of you gals!Well, find your sweetie and give him a big kiss. . .
Celebrate the Season of Love!
Happy Valentine's Day!

5 comments:
I love how your heart photo banner turned out!! Thanks so very much for linking it back to me. I really appreciated that! Have a great day! :) Shelley
Your Valentines table is so cute! Love it. I do that for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas... why do I not for Valentines? Cute cute lollipop valentine. We bought Valentines at Target last night and I was feeling like a good mom for doing that (not the night before the party). ha ha.
You are cute! I made the banner with mine and Jared's photo book pictures from over the years. I love it but your's turned out SUPER cute!! I am not as crafty as you. I should have sent it over to you to make for me. Jake asked me why I'm putting pictures of me and Jared every where and not him or Jesus. LOL!
Wow you are so talented in the decorating department! I totally love Valentines day too! Love all the ideas for the apothocary jars. What fun! And I'm in LOVE with those Valentines cards. Definitely want to do that for my kiddos next year! Hope you are doing well!!
Looks Fabulous!!! Now that you are finished with yours you can come and do mine!!!
Post a Comment