Wednesday, August 13, 2008
"Hey, HE Can Take Me To Go Potty"
Oh, the things our children do and say when we aren't with them...
I just found out about an experience that Spencer, who is 4 yrs old, had on Sunday. It started out with Eric and I attending Junior Primary to hear Tye recite the Article of Faith. When he was finished, we gave him a thumbs up and then Eric & I left to attend the Gospel Doctrine class. Apparently right after we left, Spencer announced to everyone in Primary that he needed to go to the bathroom. My friend, Jill, offered to take him and he said to her, "Wait, are you a good guy?" She tried to assure him that she was a "good guy" but he wasn't buying it since he didn't know her. (To quote Jill, "You taught him well, Jaimee! Stranger Danger!") Right then Spencer looked out into the hallway and saw our Bishop walking by and said that HE was a "good guy" and that HE could take him to the bathroom. So, Bishop Shreeve took my Spencer to the bathroom. I am so embarrassed because we all know that the Bishop has nothing else to do on Sundays at Church, right?!? At the same time I am very proud that my little guy would not just go with anyone but looked around for a "good guy" that he knew and trusted. I guess the things we teach them are sinking in! By the way, thank you, Bishop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
That is hilarious!!! I could just picture it. I am sure the bishop didn't mind one bit. That is one for the ages :)
That is so cool! I think about that how our kids think everyone is a good guy. Very funny!
That is the best! Way to teach him about safety!
I honestly didn't think you could ever top the Tye stories, but this one is right up there.
I have being trying to talk to my kids about strangers, I don't think is sinking in... I need your tips. How funny, Spencer so cute and such a smart boy. And way to go Tye on your articles of faith!
very cute! we had a similar thing--we were subbing for the sunbeam class, and kevin took a boy to the bathroom. the boy couldn't figure out how to undo his belt, so kevin bent down and offered to help. the boy yelled out to kevin "MOMMY SAID NO TOUCHY!!"
Man I hope my kids are listening so well when I lecture them. That blank stares and "I KNOW Mom!" are not all that reassuring. ;)
That is soooo cute! And hurray for getting the safety stuff in so well.
I think that probably made the bishop feel extra important that day. Cute post.
Love this story Jaimee. Way to go with teaching them to be safe around strangers. Caitlynn was teaching Annika to not take candy from strangers. And Annika's reply was: "Because then I would get cavities." Well, at least I taught her one thing right!
Post a Comment