
Most of you know that my sister Summer's 5 month old daughter Claire, has been diagnosed with a very serious disease called Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC). Well, Summer & Cory took Claire to Phoenix Children's Hospital last Monday for a 2-day EEG test and ended up staying for 7 days! In the end they were able to get the test results they wanted and now have brain surgery scheduled for this Monday, the 11th. (You can read a full update on Summer's blog on her August 3rd post.) I am asking those who can, please remember Cory & Summer's family in your prayers, especially next Monday. Claire is such a happy, sweet little girl and we want the surgery to go smoothly, without any complications. The days I visited them in the hospital this past week, I was amazed that Claire was quick to share her huge smile even as she was attached to numerous cords and machines. I've always known that Summer was a wonderful mother, but this is makes me really hope to be like her when I grow-up (seriously!). Our families are such blessings in our lives and I am so thankful for the family I have. Kiss your children and hug them close. Love you all.
.jpg)
Claire had to be monitored by a video camera. The EEG machine would show what was happening in the brain, but they needed to actually see her having them as well. Below is a picture of the monitor in our room with me talking to Claire, and behind that picture of us are all the squiggly lines showing brain activity. It's amazing what medical science can do!

3 comments:
She is such a sweetie. I just love that picture of her hand her little hoodie!
Our prayers are with them!
Hello Jaimee,
I keep checking in our your cute little neice, Claire. Sounds like it has been a rough few weeks for her and your sister. I think that I have been quite interested for the fact that I used to have seizures and they also found a brain tumor. I was almost 20 years old. They were able to go in and remove it and now just keep an eye on the area through MRI's.
I hope that everything will continue to go well for them. My thoughts and prayers are with them!
Aren't we all so grateful for the medical world we live in these days....
Post a Comment