Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Recent ABC Nightline Video About Draper Utah Temple

My sis-in-law Heather emailed me the following info. In the event you didn't see this when it aired mid-January, ABC News did an interview & news report about the Mormon Church and our beautiful new Draper Utah Temple Open House. The interviews with Elder Ballard and Elder Cook are articulate and appropriate about false accusations against the LDS (Mormon) Church, our temples, and our associations with other religions. It also explains the relationships the LDS church has with many religions, faiths, and coalitions supporting the institution of marriage as being defined between one man and one woman.

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=6616644

I think Mormons will feel ABC did a fair job and those of other faiths can learn more about who we are from this 8-minute clip. Well done!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I saw this when it first came out. YES it is VERY well done!!

Jueneta said...

It is always hard to watch clips like that. I am glad that they cleared the connection with the fundamentalists at the end. I think that Dan seemed rather arrogant throughout the interview though especially when talking about Prop 8.

Byron said...

Can't wait to watch this, it is news to me. Loved reading your 25 things, still the Jaimee I remember and love from junior high. I think I can hear you scream...