Tuesday, February 10, 2009

25 Random Things

I have been tagged to do this by 6 friends on either blogs or Facebook so here goes...

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things (facts, habits, goals, dreams) about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You HAVE to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

1- I feel completely naked if my toenails are not painted. Aside from the 10 minutes it takes to remove & then reapply polish, I have never been without toenail color for 20+ years.
2- I scream every time I kill a bug or scorpion. I scream every time I pick up a dead bug or scorpion in a wad of toilet paper to throw it away. My kids think this is hilarious.
3- I absolutely love staying in hotels, even if in the same city in which I live---it’s a hotel and thus has the luxury of vacation!
4- I love to travel and truly plan our vacations. I even make vacation itineraries (gasp!) so we can fit in all the fun! How scary is it that relaxation time is a planned event on my itineraries? (Yes, everyone in my family, I am Gram’s twin. Seriously though, thanks Gram for teaching me to be so organized!)
5- I rarely ever eat red meat. I think it tastes grisly.
6- I love talking with my boys and hearing their take on things. They say and do some pretty funny things that just brighten my day.

7- I had the best Mom in the world and miss her terribly everyday. Death really sucks.
8- My favorite pastime is reading a good book. On my bed, in a comfy chair, on the beach…I don’t care where, I love it!
9- I can enjoy almost any movie once. Put me in a movie theater, Eric holding my hand; I am good. One of my current favorites is "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button." Anyone going...call me, too!
10- I always win at the game “Two Truths and a Lie” because no one ever believes that I have really caught my foot on fire and been the pedestrian in a car/pedestrian accident. Lesson learned: Awful life experiences can payoff in group games!
11- I love holding a baby that’s just been lathered in Johnson’s Baby Lotion. Eric says it’s like crack to me. So good!
12- I adore my husband’s smile & laugh. I love to hear him laugh really hard---it makes me happy.
13- You name it, I am probably a little OCD about it. I am a germ-a-phobe. I am a big worrier.
14- I am a huge Barry Manilow fan. Seeing him in concert was one of the best nights of my life! My cheeks hurt for days because I was smiling so big the entire time! Yes, I am a Fanilow.
15- I love, love, love getting together with my & Eric’s families. Being with our parents, siblings, their spouses, and all the nieces & nephews are some of my favorite times.

16- I love my People magazine. Watching the Oscars is like a Superbowl event to me. BTW-Hugh Jackman is hosting the Oscars this year. You know where I’ll be February 22nd.
17- I really, really, really love to decorate. Someday I want to take Interior Design classes to learn more. I would also love to take cooking classes at a Culinary School. And I would love to learn how to make jewelry. These are my ‘someday’ wishes.
18- I want to be like my Peterson grandparents when I'm old. They are in their 80s and still hold hands. They leave love notes to each other all around their house and talk about the other one like he/she is the greatest thing since sliced bread. They are such examples of what love really is. (My parents were like this, too. What a blessing to grow-up watching!)
19- I am a daily list maker. I love the feeling of checking something off my list that has been completed. A little pat on the back from myself, if you will. (I wonder, what does this say about me?)
20- I'm definitely a "Girl's Girl" and don't know what I would do without good girlfriends. I'm nurtured by a fun "Girls Night out" and enjoy that close friendship where you love to share info with another fun gal pal and she loves to share with you. I have had wonderful girlfriends at every stage of my life and treasure each of them! Luckily, I can count my sisters amongst my closest girlfriends, too.

21- I am addicted to talk radio but when other people get in the car with me I turn it to music so I don’t look like a geek. But I am a geek…I love Glenn Beck, Dr. Laura, Michael Medved, the list goes on & on.
22- I hate the sound of other people clipping their finger &/or toenails. It creeps me out.
23- I love karaoke singing. Rock Band2 is an almost daily occurrence in our house. Eric, Tye, Spenc, & I jam after dinner and it is soooo fun! Highly recommended for good family fun.
24- I love to decorate & enjoy holidays. Obviously the traditional ones like Christmas, Halloween, & Valentine’s Day; but also personal ones like Our First Date, Our First Kiss, Kids' 1st Day of School, etc. My sister Summer has taught me to even appreciate Groundhog’s Day! Seriously though, I think there is real joy in Celebration.
25- My secret dream is to someday be on TLC’s “What Not To Wear.” I would be mortified but also so happy to have Clinton & Stacy teach me what looks good on me. It would be awesome!


There you have the 25 Random Things About Me---it’s more than you ever wanted to know, huh? Fellow bloggers, consider yourself tagged if you see your name in my sidebar and please leave a comment so I know to check out your list. Also, please leave me a comment if you think your name should be in my sidebar and it isn’t!

1 comment:

Lana said...

That was a really good list of random things. I have a lot of those same ones---especially the OCD one about germs. Blech. Anyway, you did a great job of showing who you are. I loved reading it. :)