Monday, February 23, 2009

One Night Only...

Bravo, Hugh! Bravo!

I am not ashamed to admit it: I am one of the millions worldwide who stay home Oscar night and watch the Hollywood Stars dressed to the nine in their all worldly glory...and I LOVE IT! Yes, I love watching the Oscars and have done it every year of my life since I can remember. Even as a little girl, when we were not allowed to watch TV on Sundays, my Mom would let me watch the Oscars on her bed since she knew how much I loved it. Well, last night was no exception and to make the night even better, it was hosted by the one and only Mr. Hugh Jackman! Yes, you all know how I feel about Hugh and he was so fun to watch! My sweet husband is wonderful on Oscar night every year and takes over with our kids so I can have the night to myself. Last night Eric had the show turned on for me on our big screen TV, in HD, with the surround-sound on---this is an especially sweet gesture since he thinks these shows are ridiculous. Thanks, babe! I did have dinner ready in the crockpot so I was not a totally neglectful mom, but come 5pm, I was in the zone...a happy-little-people-watching-camper!

Awww, to be a size 0 and be able to wear whatever you want to a dreamlike event. Then add that you'll be dripping in diamonds, too! Not a bad gig if you can get it! :D I do recognize that there are some of you who think this stuff is stupid, so feel free to visit another friend's blog today and I promise to have a post with real substance soon. Thanks for this indulgence!

Okay, here are my picks for Best and Worst Dressed of the evening:

BEST DRESSED WOMEN
Anne Hathaway's dress was gorgeous! This picture does not do it justice because it was by far my favorite dress of the night! I loved this dress on Taraji Henson, who plays Brad Pitt's mother in "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button." (BTW-Loved this movie!) Her necklace was beautiful, too. Someday...
I think Kate Beckinsale is just gorgeous and I loved her whole look Sunday night! Dress, jewelry, hair, make-up--gorgeous! Penelope Cruz looked so good in this vintage dress! I wish she had worn her hair down but this was another favorite dress of mine.I am a huge Meryl Streep fan and thought she looked wonderful in this dress. Oh to look that good at fifty-nine!The pleating in Marisa Tomei's dress was amazing. So stunning! Though, I wonder how she sat in it? Tricky? BEST DRESSED COUPLE
They are "Brangelina" and showed once again why we people-watch them...beautiful! (Yes, I am on Team Angelina though my sis Shanon is on Team Jennifer, but whatever! :D ) I loved Angelina's black dress with the emerald earrings and emerald ring. Right on!BEST DRESSED MEN
HUGH JACKMAN--Enough said.Robert Downey Jr., here with his wife, looked really good last night. Loved his suit and cleaned shaved face. WORST DRESSED WOMEN
Rachel Griffith, this has to be a joke, right? Oh my goodness. Oh...my...goodness.
Jessica Alba is one of the most beautiful moms on the planet, but last night looked like she just got out of the shower, thru on a wrinkled, badly sown dress, and jumped in her car. Not good.Rachel Weisz, this is not an 80s dance party, it is the Oscars!Okay, I think the tween queen and her mom accidentally put on the other one's dress. Each dress is pretty but does NOT look good on the one wearing it. They should have switched dresses to be more age appropriate cause this did not turn out looking good. Miley's dress was just too overly layered for her teenage body. Billy Ray's heart must have been achey-breaky last night! (I couldn't resist! :D)
WORST DRESSED MEN
Mickey Rourke, I know you are a different cat but, it did not work, man. It did not work.
If you look at Philip Seymour Hoffman from the head down he looks nice--it's the knit beanie cap that is unforgivable.
And finally, for those of you who heard Sean Penn's Best Actor acceptance speech, all I can I say is I am now reflecting in shame that I've ever watched you, Sean Penn, in a movie.

9 comments:

Janel said...

I loved all your choices for best and worst dressed! I missed a lot of it so I appreciate the recap. :D Your valentines weekend looked So fun! We missed you the other night, I had some goooood jr high pics you have probably never seen! :D

The Scotts said...

You are hilarious! I love that you took the time to get all of the pictures. I personally thought that Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer were the best dressed couple and best looking. I LOVED the actress who played Brad Pitts mom in The Curious Case and thought she look beautiful as well. That was very sweet of Eric to set it up. And after teasing that you were at home dressed up watching, I thought, we should really dress up and watch it!! Lets do it next time. Party at the Buckleys!

Lana said...

Loved this post! I, too, watch every year. This year was so fun with all of Hugh's amazing singing! LOVE HIM!!! Robert Pattinson was a bit weird in his presentation moment...eh? Ben Stiller was hilarious as Joaquin Phoenix. The "Milk" playwright's speech made me puke, and now I have to get online to see Sean Penn's because our DVR cut off early!! BOO. Thanks for the fun post!

Kris-10 said...

I don't watch it but I love seeing the best and worst dressed and I loved your comments that went with them!!! Hugh did look pretty dang fine!

laurie said...

everyone has to have their little 'guilty pleasure' right!? it's definitely not my thing but kate b.'s dress was my fav! thanks for sharing the highlights! ; )

Summertime Designs said...

You are too funny Jaimee. I think Shanon just came up with a brilliant tradition. Next year, I will find a prom dress from DI and I am wearing it at your house so we can watch the Oscars!

Nuestra Familia said...

Fun post, I tried tivo but did not work that night, oh well at least it tivo amazing race, which is my fav.
About your party next year can I invite myself? i'll just wear my 10 yr old wedding dress, j/k Have a great week!

Hillery said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I love looking at all the dresses. I think Marissa Tomei's was my favorite. How fun would it be to wear a dress like that?!

The Lamonds said...

loved your Penn comment- he's a sad excuse for... well for anything. And I really enjoyed looking at all the pics- you had better pics and comments than any online site I saw!