Saturday, February 21, 2009

Valentine's Weekend at the Cabin

We decided to enjoy Valentine's weekend in the snow, so we headed up to Dad's cabin with both my sisters & their families for a fun filled time! It was really great to be at the cabin with our three families.

For the last of The 14 Days of Valentine's (click for explanation), Summer and Shanon made all our guys shirts with each couples' picture on them so our guys can show us off!! He he! The picture of Eric & I on his shirt is the best ever picture of obnoxious PDA. It was from a party a few years ago, and we were taking a picture on the count of 3, when Eric turned and fully licked my face instead! It was so wrong! My sisters say the best part is that you can't see my face but you know what my facial expression is. Awww, love! Our men proudly displayed their shirts the remainder of the weekend. :D When we weren't hanging out with our kids, the adults had fun playing silly marriage board games, watching movies, and eating all the yummy food my sisters planned. These gals know how to throw a good party!

Here are all the shirts, followed by Eric's & my original picture:

Our kids always enjoy their time at the cabin. Inside they decorated Valentine's cookies, played dress-up & XBox, and watched movies. But outside was where the real fun was for my boys---the SNOW! My boys love sledding down the hills and would stay all day if we let them. I, however, was not built for snow-living and so once we adults had had our fill, the kids continued their snow playing outside the cabin while we enjoyed hot cocoa inside. All in all, it was a really fun weekend!

Eric and I slept in the bed upstairs while all the older kids had a cousins slumber party on the floor beside us. They had a great time in their row after row of sleeping bags!

My sister Summer put together these pics of the happy snow moments.

Look at these darling Valentine's couples! (Okay, had I known my sisters were posing for actual cute pictures, I would have done the same with my hubby. I know, our pic is lame. But I do adore my guy, too! He is a major babe-o-rama!)

Thank you Summer & Shanon for a super fun weekend! We cheesy gals always share a ton of laughter together! And luckily, our guys just make the mix better! Thanks again!

3 comments:

The Scotts said...

It was a blast. I probably won't see snow again until my kids are all older like your boys and will enjoy it!

Summertime Designs said...

That was way fun Jaimee. I am so sorry that Eric had thrown his back out and couldn't thoroughly enjoy the sledding. I hope he's doing better now. Aren't we lucky to have each other? I just love doing stuff!

Jueneta said...

I love your pictures with your sisters.