What a wonderful Easter week we had! We started out going to see the Easter Pageant, "Jesus the Christ," and had a great experience with our boys! For those of you not familiar with this play, for more than 70 years, our Church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, has presented the annual Mesa Arizona Easter Pageant as a gift to the community and to the thousands of visitors that travel to see this free play each year. The production is the largest outdoor Easter Pageant, and it is performed on a 9,600-square-foot, 4-stories-high stage that is built on the Temple's lawn each Spring. Over 700 people volunteer their time acting on stage or working behind the scenes to portray the life and ministry of Jesus Christ through music, dance, and drama from the words of the Bible. Watching it makes you feel so close to the Savior and I am so grateful for our church and all those who donate their time and talents to make this productions such a beautiful experience for all who see it.Below: The man portraying the soldier is Brother Ron Middlebrook from our Ward and Eric is actually his Home Teacher. The man portraying Jesus is in Eric's sister Tricia's Ward. I've met him at her Ward and he looks so much like every picture you have ever seen of Christ! He might look familiar since he also portrayed Jesus Christ in Mark Mabry's picture collection, "Reflections of Christ."
Since seating is first-come, first-serve, we arrived 2 hours before the show and picnicked on the lawn. We used this time to retell the entire life story of Jesus Christ to the boys. It was great to see their interest and then watch their faces as they saw the play come to life! I highly recommend this production to any Christian who can travel to see it!


Do you love the blue lips from the Ring Pops candy? Cute, cute!

On the Friday before Easter, we went and had our Annual Decker Easter Egg Hunt and Dinner at my Dad & Carol's house. Of course Carol had decorated the tables beautifully and the egg hunt was a big hit! The cousins played really well together as the adults spent the evening visiting. My Dad retold the story of the last week of Jesus' life on the earth and then shared his testimony. It was really nice. On a side note, as we experience each holiday it's been great to me to see how well our families blend together. Carol is wonderful and I really, really enjoy her sons and their families. We are truly blessed to be part of their family!

My Dad hid 10 golden eggs that contained money so this is Eric giving Tye a lift to find these special eggs that my Dad hid high in the trees.
Carol had the tables looking beautiful and the dang windy day wanted to ruin her hard work! The daisy vases had been lined up straight down the middle of the tables but they had to be moved around to the edges to keep the tablecloths from blowing away in the big wind gusts. Too bad, but still beautiful. I'll say it again...watch out Martha.
Spencer with his Aunt Heather and baby goat, Honey.
Tye with baby goat, Snow.
On Sunday, we went to my Aunt Rosalyn's house for my Grandma Decker's Easter Dinner. It was really fun to see all my 1st cousins and their families and catch-up on everyone's lives. What a great Easter week we had!
I am thankful for this season, when we celebrate our Savior's sacrifice for all mankind. I love teaching my children about the atonement & the resurrection, and am thankful when I see the understanding on their little faces. Since my Mom's death, my boys have lived thru a real example of the separation of the body and the spirit. I am grateful to know that when we die that our spirit does not, but that it lives forever. I am grateful to know that because of my Savior, I will be with my Mom again. What a blessing this truth is---to know that we each can have an eternal family! I love my family and love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I hope you each had a happy, happy Easter!

3 comments:
Finally! I love all of your pictures. Your boys are so cute and I love that family picture at Dad's house. Just a side note, I LOVE that blue blanket. It brings back so many memories from our childhood. I was wondering who got that treasure!
Wow, what a busy Easter season you had, filled with wonderful activities! We missed coming to the Buckley Party, it sounds like you guys had fun!
I recognize the blue blanket too. That does bring back memories of Mom and Dad's water bed! I'm glad you guys were able to go see the pageant. I think your boys are at a great age to start remembering these things. Great pictures also from Easter. It was good to see you that weekend.
Post a Comment