Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hugh! My, Oh My, Oh My!!!

So, you want to know "Did she really go last night?" Well...

YES!!! I went to the World Movie Premiere of
"X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE"
And YES,

I stood 4 feet away from
The Man himself,
HUGH JACKMAN!
Yahoo! (Eric, my love, thanks for living with my embarrassment! You are a good sport! :D )

I arrived at Tempe Marketplace around 2:00pm to get my "seat" for the RED CARPET. There were tons of people there so I couldn't get close to the stage at all. Instead, to save my place, I sat on my lawn chair reading "Angels & Demons" for a couple hours right in front of the Press Line. Then my wonderful sister Shanon arrived and I started to get excited! The crowd was filled with all ages: kids, teenagers, young adults, stay-at-home Moms, grown men, all the way up to several grandmas, too! It was really fun to see the spectrum from people who enjoy these comic book movies to people who enjoy sexy men! (Did I just write that?!?) At 5:30pm Hugh arrived on a Harley motorcycle and the crowd went wild---I may have even screamed a little myself! :D

Harkins built a large stage at the beginning of the Red Carpet where Hugh stood and thanked everyone for coming. Then he introduced the cast and excitedly said things like "G'day, Mates" and "Crikey" while he spoke---and oh that accent!!!


After the welcome, the entire cast walked the Press Line, talking with all the "Real Deals," like: E! News Channel, Entertainment Tonight, Fox News Channel, all 3 major TV Networks, TV Guide Channel, and on and on. Then they worked the crowd, where they all stood 4 feet away from us---we stood second-person-back behind a lovely (and short, yeah!) grandma & her young teenage grandkids. You ladies who wonder if Hugh truly is as good looking up close, well I'll let you be the judge...

Okay, some of you are wondering how Tempe, Arizona was able to host the World Movie Premiere of "X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE." Well, about 3 weeks ago, Hugh Jackman announced on YouTube that there would be a contest to see which American hometown would host the Premiere. Fans across America nominated their hometowns and then voted for the next 3 weeks. In the end Tempe won out of the thousand+ nominated cities, so yeah! How fun for the fans that a place other than LA or NYC got to host it.

These amazing pics are courtesy of my sister Shanon and her giant, awesome camera! Shan, you are soooooo wonderful for coming with me! Thank you!
Hugh holding a microphone out and telling us that we were LIVE on TV. As you can see, he loved the cheering response.
Eric, look away...
Huh? What? The camera must have slipped down Shanon's hand and shot right here, cutting off Hugh's head--the desired picture, of course. Weird! How did that happen?!? Oops. Oh well. Liev Schrieber & Hugh JackmanLiev Schrieber
Eric & I are big fans of Liev and when he stopped to sign autographs right in front of me, I said, "Liev, we loved your guest role on CSI! You were awesome!" He looked directly at me and surprised said, "Thank you. Thank you VERY much!" Yes, I am cool! :D
(Right now, Eric is so embarrassed for me.)

Ryan ReynoldsLynn Collins
This actress was wearing some rockin' awesome heels, so I told her that I loved her shoes. Well, Lynn (yes, first name basis) then told me the website where I could get them, too. Yes, I am hob-knobin with the stars about wardrobe---did you ever have any doubts it would happen?!? Hilarious! :D Will.I.AmTaylor Kitsch

Thank you to my wonderful husband for being man enough to let me go see Hugh and still love me, his nerdy Hollywood-watching wife! You are the best, babe!

What a fun night! And though I will now have to endure a good amount of ribbing from some family & friends, I am really glad Shanon & I got to go and be a part of this fun Movie Premiere. It was nice. Very nice!

19 comments:

mindy said...

WOW! That looks like a lot of fun! I loved his opening for the oscars he did--watched it at least 20 times.

you are too funny! thank you for posting this--

The Scotts said...

I LOVED IT!! Thanks for inviting me!! It so made me want to make the trip to go to the New Moon premier!! That is what we will do. I need to see Edward and Emmett like we saw Hugh!! I'm glad that I could help keep you from passing out and holding you up as you saw your dream come true! You are one devoted fan!!

Janel said...

I heard about the premiere from 2 younger ladies in my ward.....I was wondering if you'd be going! I should have called you, I would have totally gone!! Hugh Jackman is in my top 2!!! VERY sexy manly man!! Yummy!!

Lana said...

Seriously, first New Kids and now this?! Is your life so amazing?!?!?! You're adorable, I will never mock you and I LOVE the amazing pictures Shanon took. Thanks for posting this.

Rachel Hagen said...

oh i'm giddy and grinning so big just reading this!!! I can't believe you got to go to this! And be so close to the hunk himself! You're so funny. Love it!

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! That is so fun Jaimee. I am so glad you got to go. I'll bet Eric wished he was there. I will admit, he is pretty sexy.

onehm said...

WHAT FUN! You girls are too too cute!

Marcie and Holly said...

Jaimee that is so fun! We love your pics!! Where's the one of Lynn's shoes? I wanna see them! That is so cool! Next thing we know you're gonna be walking down the red carpet!

Kimberly said...

Jaimee...I love you. You are so funny...and I don't mean that in an odd way. I love to read your writing...it's just how you speak. I'm glad you had an awesome time. Thanks for sharing all the details.

Summer said...

perfect Miss Jaimee. I am so glad you got to go. And the pics are amazing. Let me know if you need help putting them on a pillowcase you can cuddle with till you're in dreamland. lol :)

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

So.....what happened to your Edward crush?

Soo...I totally loved the pic where the "camera slipped down a bit" and the "innocent" ...so, I don't know what happened there...but you know...

Sooo...I am not the only one that also thinks the Hugh AKA Wolverine is a hottie. (I loved him in Van Helsing, but hated that his Love died)

Jueneta said...

You are so funny. You can't hide it anymore . . . I am glad that you had a blast seeing your hunk.

sara said...

oh my gosh!!! You are crackin me up!!! I love that you got so close and got some great pictures. I also want the shoe web site that you got.....

My World said...

I thought about calling you yesterday to see if your heart was beating at a normal pace yet... :)

I am so thoroughly jealous that you were there...but thanks for the yummy eye candy!!! It truly is a shame that Shanon's camera slipped.

You are the BEST!!!

cherryl said...

this post cracked me up jaime!!

Brooke said...

Jaimee, you make me laugh! Looks like so much fun to be there and you two did get some great shots! thanks for giving me something fun to read today :)

The Lamonds said...

Oh my goodness, that's RAD!! And yummy Ryan Reynolds was there too! HE is gorgeous too! And I remember seeing that good looking Liev in something...oh yes, the ex boyfriend in Kate and Leopold! Ha, wow another movie with Hugh... well all the men looked fabulous up close! That is the coolest- I'm jealous!

jenny said...

I had NO idea they hosted that here. I guess I must have been under a rock or something. How cool is that. Man I am jealous you were so close to HUGH. He is one of my fav's. Next to Christian Bales.

Andrea said...

oh this post is too funny!!! I did NOT know about this until a couple days after {only because my MOM told me}! If I had known, I would've been in line with you! I am impressed you got SO CLOSE to those yummy sexy men!! FAN-freakin-TABULOUS photos!!!! Oh and the movie was pretty AWESOME too!!! Loved it :)

GREAT Post!!! Thanks for the eye candy & giggle {like a teenage girl}!