Saturday, April 12, 2008

52 Blessings (Week TWELVE): A Blessing For Each Week Of The Year

Number TWELVE: Bike Rides

I know by now I should be on Blessing 52+ or something, but I will catch-up as best I can...

Well, after a very long week I decided to take a nap this afternoon. Eric was watching the boys and decided to take them into the backyard to play baseball and then ride bikes on the patio. Well, my bedroom windows are in the back of the house so I could hear them having a good time. After about 15 minutes I decided my nap was over and joined in the fun.

The best moment was when Spencer decided to try and ride his new bike (new from Christmas!!!) for the first time. He has been super scared to fall and has kept on riding his big wheels trike, so I was thrilled when he decided to try and then realized he could do it! He jumped up on it and drove it around our sport court for 30 minutes, all the while with the biggest smile on his face! Of course I went to get the camera to capture the joy. Such a happy mommy moment-- seeing your child overcome a fear and realize that something is not scary but is actually fun.
BTW- For those interested, my sister Summer has made her blog public again so you can read her updates about baby Claire. Her explanation begins on Thursday, April 10th.

3 comments:

Kris-10 said...

Your boys are so cute and funny. They make me laugh! That is a darling pic with thier bikes and Spiderman shirts...

gs said...

They both are so cute and precious. Are your roses blooming yet?

Jueneta said...

What cute pictures of your boys. We can't wait to wear shorts here . . .by the way it is snowing today.