Sunday, December 14, 2008

Temple Lights

Ever since I was a little girl, each December we have always had a Decker FHE where we go as a family to see the Christmas Lights at the Temple. We have continued gathering for this night as adults, bringing our own families and it is so fun to watch our children interact as we carry on this tradition. I have always loved to see the Temple lights as it really gets me in the holiday mood. Well, last Monday we all met in front of the Christus statue and then we were off on what felt like a 60-minute adventure of look-at-the-lights-while-trying-to-herd-the-children. :D It really was beautiful but I was so worried that I would lose one of my boys in the crowds of people that I could hardly enjoy it. Lest you think I have irrational fears... last year Spencer was lost for 15 minutes and it was the scariest 15 minutes ever for me. So, not over my fears, I felt relief when we were done and the boys were buckled into the car, ready to go to MyPa's house. (Do we ever stop worrying as Moms?!?) Afterwards, we all met up with my step-bro Pete, his wife Ale, & their kids and had our traditional donuts and hot cocoa at my Dad and Carol's house. It was a nice night to be together as a family.
*BTW-Summer & Jono, you were missed!
Spencer and Tye in front of the Temple.
Spencer, Abby, Annalise, and Jake, of course climbing on something! :D
Dad and Carol
Adam, Monique, and their girls, Julia, Annalise, and Savannah.
They just found out Baby #4 is another girl! Congrats!The Scotts: Jared, Abby, Lily, Jake, and Shanon
Our family with Dad & Carol at the "after-party."
I must add now that I believe Carol could give Martha Stewart a run for her money. Once again, her decorations & plate-presentation were beautiful and her hot cocoa was beyond the normal Swiss Miss---yes, she makes homemade cocoa! Carol always makes beautiful centerpieces and has their home looking amazing. Then her food is beyond good---I have never come away from a meal without asking for a recipe. Dad, you did good! :D
Thanks Dad & Carol for hosting our Family Night!

By The Way... thanks so much to the seven ladies who took me out to dinner Tuesday night for my birthday and then off to see "Twilight." It was a fun night and I am grateful for each and every one of your friendships! Thank you!

5 comments:

The Scotts said...

Fun memories for our kids, right?!?! It was entertaining as always. You looked so pretty that night Jaimee! Carry on!

Summertime Designs said...

I so wished I could have gone! I LOVE that picture of your boys...they look so cute and so happy! And I agree that mothers always worry. I recall dad falling asleep IMMEDIATELY once his head hit the pillow...Cory's the same way! I'm not saying that dads don't worry, just not like us moms. We take forever to fall asleep because we worry so much! Maybe you should get some leashes like dad used to tie on Shanon and Jono when they were little!

Summertime Designs said...

P.S. And yes, Carol could teach Martha a thing or two!

Kris-10 said...

Your Christmas card is sooo cute! But then it always is. Fun times, and cuter pictures! :o)

gs said...

A whole lot of cuteness going on Jaimee. Your guys are really handsome little boys. good times.