
Those of you who didn't know her really missed out on an amazing woman. She was just the best! So loving, so caring, so thoughtful, so talented, and so so so much fun! It's amazing to think about all that has happened in my little family's lives over the past two years and to realize that she has missed it all. I know that she is watching over me but it is not the same. I do not want to sound ungrateful, though. I am so thankful for my Savior and my Heavenly Father. So thankful for the comfort I have received during this time. It's just a hard day (week, month, year :D ). I am so so so so so thankful we took a Girls' Trip two weeks before she died! My Mom, sisters, my Dad (not a girl but always invited!) and I went to Utah to visit my Mom's parents and had the most fun! We stayed up late visiting, laughing, and just being together. That trip was a Tender Mercy from the Lord and I know I could not have survived her death if I had not just had such a time of love with her. I know it's a weird thing to say but it is so true and I believe the Lord knew it and gave that to me. I am eternally indebted to Eric for his love and support. I could not be surviving this without him. I am the luckiest woman to have such an adoring and caring husband at my side. I love you, babe. I have always felt close to my siblings, but these past couple years have just welded us together and I love them each so much. Aside from Eric, they are my biggest support and I am so blessed to have them. I hope I help you guys, too. I also want to thank the rest of my great friends and family members that have loved me and helped me thru these two years. Sorry if my whining was/is a pain at times, but thank you for letting me sometimes vent about not having my Mom here. And finally, I love my Dad. I am so thankful for his love of my Mom and the way they both lived their lives as examples of righteousness and dedication. I could not ask for better parents. I am also so happy that my Dad has found Carol. She is a great step-mom and very understanding & supportive about my Mom--it means a lot. Thanks, Carol. I know that I have been so blessed in my life and I look forward to the day when I will see my Mom again and know that my family will be together forever. My Mom with her sisters on her Wedding Day, October 1972.
Roger and Sherrie Decker Family, June 1981.

Me home visiting from BYU, Fall of 1994.
Decker Family, December 1994.
My cute Dad and Mom, December 1995.
With their 1st Grandson, my Tye, November 2001. My Mom was wonderful to stay with us for 2 1/2 weeks to help me recover from my C-section and learn how to be a new mom. The whole time she kept saying about Tye, "this boy is as good as gold." Cute, cute Mom.
My favorite Christmas picture of my Mom and her Santa, December 2001.
Decker Family, November 2005.
The last time I was with my Mom: Our Girls' Trip to Utah, 2 weeks before she died, December 2006.

My sister Shanon, blogged about this yesterday and I had to put it on my blog, too, because I love this! My freshman year of college I had a crush on a guy and told my Mom that I thought he was a "Babe-O-Rama." The next day, she made this card and hung it up on our kitchen cupboards where we all could see it. It hung there for 12+ years! My Mom adored my Dad, and yes, he is a Babe-O-Rama! The sign reads: "This is a Babe-O-Rama! You girls would be so lucky to marry a guy like this! You boys would be so lucky to be a man like this! Love Mom!"
These are some pictures from my Mom's funeral. It still seems hard to believe it was real. I do know that am blessed to have such a wonderful family! I love you Dad, Adam, Summer, Shanon, and Jono. (I know these aren't the greatest quality--I scanned them from a photo book.)
The Decker Originals
With our Spouses: I have the BEST in-laws! My siblings and I all lucked out in who we married! I love you Monique, Cory, and Jared! And, Jono, she is out there somewhere! (I know, I know...he's gonna kill me! :D )

The Roger & Sherrie Decker Family 2006

This is my favorite photos of the day. Without prompting, my five-year-old Tye walked over and kissed me Mom's casket. It was really touching.

12 comments:
Oh poor Spencer. He must think Mom is mean!! That is cute and sad.
I love you Jaimee and am glad that we have each other. Thanks for the pictures and thoughts. Have a Happy Crappy Heaven Day.
Happy Crappy Day James! I can't believe how fast time has flown, yet it also seems forever for me to. I remember you and I driving up from Tucson together through the fog. I'd always thought it was so corny that in movies whenever someone dies it is stormy weather. Well, it actually was rainy and stormy. I loved Mom's "Babe-O-Rama" card that was hanging up in the kitchen!
I look forward to more bonding tonight at the Originals Dinner. Love ya!
I love and miss your mom too. I remember when i heard the news i was traveling with my in-laws. i was so shocked and saddened, i wanted to be at her funeral so badly. your mom is an amazing women and all you "roger deckers" are amazing. love you!
Jaimee, I love you and I am so glad I had a big sisters named Sherrie Gae. Thanks for the great post!
Lovely post, Jaimee. I thought about you all day yesterday even though I didn't ever get around to calling you. I loved listening to you talk about your mom at lunch last week. She sounds pretty great and she'd be so proud of you.
Your mom was always an inspiration to me--just on the little visits when we'd go over there to hang out with Cory and Summer. And Summer's stories about her helped too. I don't feel like you're a downer for posting these feelings--that's what blogs are for. It's good to know what people are going through and dealing with. The last picture of "kissing the casket" got me crying!! Merry Christmas. Hope this Christmas is a little better than last one.
Jaimee what a sweet post. I too loved hearing about your mom. She truly sounds likea a great wife and mom from all the stories I've heard. What a legacy she left behind with all you girls.
Awwww, Jaimee! I know I've told you how much I loved your mom and I have so many awesome memories. I loved it when your mom played the piano and your dad sang "the touch" and we'd all cry. I will always remember and cherish that. And your mom playing autumn leaves for us. So many fun times. I can't even imagine how much you miss her. The babe-o-rama is SO cute!!!
That picture of Tye...I love it, he is so sweet. Your mom is just so amazing and pretty.
Wow...what a touching post Jamie. You are so strong and your boys and Eric and so lucky to have you!
What a wonderful tribute to your special mother.
It has been 6 month sinces Ricks Mom passed and it seems like forever. I can't emagine being at the 2 year mark. The holidays are hard to be without the Moms we love. I know they want us to be happy.
Post a Comment