Friday, June 19, 2009

Like Mother Like...Son?

I am a list maker. A note taker. A check-it-off-when-I-am-done-with-it person. I am constantly writing things down. Lists of groceries to buy, errands to run, phone calls to make, chores to do, goals to accomplish, etc, etc, etc. If it is something I need to do or remember, I have made a list or reminder note about it somewhere. Also, I find that if I don't write it down then I tend to forget it, so I live off my Post-It notes and my kitchen calendar.

*BTW- I love the feeling of checking something off a list that has been completed. A little pat on the back from myself, if you will (yes, very sad, I know) and wonder, what does this say about me? I'll leave that to a deeper reflective post. :D

Well, Thursday afternoon I came into my kitchen and saw a note on my cupboard that thru me off. I knew I had recently completed & thrown away my daily Post-It and had yet to write my new to-do-list for tomorrow, so what was this that I was seeing? (BELOW)

I came closer and read in my 7-year-old son's handwriting...

"Go to Burger King for lunch"

I couldn't help but smile as I went to find my darling boy. I found Tye reading on the couch and asked him why he had written the Post-It note. He said, "Mom, Burger King is giving away free Pokemon cards in their kids' meals right now, and we all know that if you don't write it down, it'll never happen." I kissed him and laughed so hard!

Smart kid. He knows his Mom well. :D

8 comments:

Lana said...

Oh my gosh!! He is hilarious! Please tell me you took him. I mean, it was the most genius way of "working on mom" to get what he wants. :) Adorable. If only all kids would submit their requests in writing and then quietly wait on the couch until the review board could meet and make a decision. He's a smart one.

Kris-10 said...

That is awesome! What a smartie he is!!! LOL.

sara said...

How cute is that? I love that kid!

Summer said...

so glad you blogged again, you always make me laugh.

And wow, cutest ever. and glad to see he did get his pokemon card. :)

The Scotts said...

That is hilarious!! What a cutie!

Hillery said...

So sneaky! I love it! And I agree with you about lists - there is nothing better than a big fat check mark when you're done with something. I LOVE lists!

Janel said...

That is really cute!!!

The Lamonds said...

Ha, ha, ha! He is great