(Beware: picture overload ahead)
Yes, Spencer is turning into a big boy and it is hard for me to handle. Even though I hope he is not my final baby, he is my current baby and that makes it hard for me to see him as a "big boy". The squeaky little voice will soon be gone and a foreign tough attitude is showing up again & again. It's really quite sad. I cherish each "mommy, just hold me while you walk around" and each "which part of the house are you going to be in 'cause I'll play there, too, so we can be together." I use the word "little" as often as I can while discussing him in order to make myself feel better and live a little longer in denial about his age. You see, Spencer is my little baby, and all I see is a sweet, beautiful, little child! Oh how I love this boy of mine!
Birthday Day: We were missing Spencer's Dad, who was on a business trip back East, so we had a small family celebration, opened the presents from Mom & Dad, and ate chocolate cake "with tons of frosting" per Spencer's request.
Look at that cute face!!! I just love the reaction to each present! Have you ever seen more enthusiasm for a 97-cent Hot Wheels car?!?! Gotta love it!

Mom & Spencer both had a great time at a local pizza place for lunch. While Spenc ate & played with his friends, his Mom ate & played (visited) with her friends (the Moms). Fun times for all. Thanks for the great visit, ladies!
Saturday's Birthday Party: Dad was home from his business trip, so we had a great time celebrating with 10 of Spencer's little friends. With my sister Shanon's help (thank you!), Eric & I put on Spencer's Hot Wheels Birthday Party and we think everyone had a great time. How could it not be fun with games like Pin The Tire On The Nascar, Pit Row Race, Hot Wheels Bucket Drop, and the classic Red Light, Green Light. Vroom, vroom, baby!





9 comments:
Happy Birthday big guy! It was fun to see your new kitchen well just a little bit. . . I would love to see more of your renovations.
Happy birthday Spencer!
Bridgette said she had so much fun. She was telling me about all the games that they played and very seriously said, "You'll never believe it. We gave Spencer the same thing Brady did!"
Happy Birthday Spence and what a fun party Jaimee!
Jake said the party was "Sooo Fun!! I love the pictures.
I love that he is your little boy. I think of Abby as so old because she is my oldest. See there is always a baby in the family. Your party was a blast and the games were very fun! He is adorable and had such cute reactions!
What a cutie! Happy birthday to your little man!!
Happy late Birthday Spencer. He is so cute and looks like a super party. That huge cake looks so yummy! You are so great at all the party stuff.
What darling pictures! Looks like Spencer had quite the celebration! He is such a sweet boy!
Post a Comment