I was especially thankful for my girlfriends this past week. I have the best girlfriends (which includes my two sisters, who count amongst my closest girlfriends!) and feel so blessed for each and every one of you!With Eric traveling for business last week, I was really feeling the void of another grown-up-voice in the house. I was also feeling down about some things and really needed a girlfriend to just be there for me. Well, thank you, gals.
*I am thankful for girlfriends who call on the phone Or stop by just to visit--- whether for a long chat or to share a quick funny story.
*I am thankful for girlfriends who say, "let's go out to lunch today. What? I don't care that you didn't get cute today; meet me in fifteen."
*I am thankful for girlfriends who say, "you're having a tough time and I'm bringing you dinner tonight."
*I am thankful for girlfriends who make me laugh and remind me not to take life too seriously.
*I am thankful for girlfriends who offer a shoulder to cry on and give me great advice.
*I am thankful for new girlfriends who take time to get to know me and take a chance on friendship.
*I am thankful for old girlfriends (or should I say "seasoned" relationships) who know my imperfections, insecurities, & annoying habits and still accept me anyway. Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote, "It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." So, thanks for loving me even when I am a little too loud and maybe an embarrassment at times.
*I am thankful for girlfriends who love a good Girls Night Out (or a good Girls Weekend Retreat, for that matter) and enjoy shopping, pedis, eating, movies, & girls-talk as much as I do.
*I am thankful for long, lost girlfriends who call to catch-up and make it seem like we've been connected all along. (Sorry, I am so bad with keep-in-touch phone calls! Thank heavens for Christmas cards!)
*I am simply thankful for Girlfriends.
Thank you to all the girlfriends I've had throughout my life. Each of you mean so much to me and I hope you felt that through my friendship to you. I hope to always be a good friend and be deserving of the friendships I've been blessed with. I am truly sorry for the times I've failed any of you. I wish the best for each of you and owe you all so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you, girlfriend!

10 comments:
Amen! Husbands are great, but girlfriends are a must!
This blog is to show the hypocrisy of married women. Had I posted this same blog about 'girlfriends', my wife or any other friends would not think it 'OK'.
The Husband :-)
Eric, I love you, you silly, silly man.
The Wife :-)
Nice Eric! I couldn't live without girlfriends. You just need a gal to talk to sometimes because husbands don't always listen. They may claim to but lets be honest, we talk too much!
Girlfriends are very necessary. They help us survive marriage, and raising children!
Amen. I mean, who else would we obsess over Edward with! :o) You are one of my favorite people to talk to, you can always put a smile on my face.
Jaimee, what a nice post and thank you for including me as one of your best girlfriends. I love you tons, not only as a sister (which is the best kind of girl friend), but as a friend indeed as well! I'm sorry you've had some tough times with stuff and I wish I could live closer to be able to be with you more. But I am glad to have visited on the phone and that you are coming to my house tomorrow. I love you!
Yep. If I don't have a regular Girls Night Out, I go crazy!
Sometimes I'm sure there are things our husbands would rather talk with their buddies about than with us too right? So...there shouldn't be any problems :). I'm sure Trent would rather hang out with his brothers sometimes instead of with me! Ha ha.
Now wait a minute Eric, Steelers and especially Cow'girls' don't meet up anywhere close to the Packer's! They will always be #1 with or without Farve! If I were to burn that hat, I would be sleeping with the dogs. I just have to make sure that I'm wearing my appropriate Packer attire at the same time. Although, i would much rather deal with a Steeler fan than a poor forsaken Cowboy fan. We have taught our boys that that is a naughty word in this household! You should do the same!
Jaimee, obviously you need another girls' night out! Please enjoy!
:0)
Post a Comment