Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hey, I Know Her!

Please indulge me in this happy, almost bragging, moment:

For those of you LDS Women who will be attending the Relief Society General Broadcast tonight, please notice the darling woman giving the closing prayer... she is my Aunt. (BTW-I know this is going to totally embarrass her, but I am just so excited to see her on the big screen with the S-GA's!) My Aunt Jana is one of my Mom's younger sisters and is an amazing woman. I am truly amazed at how she can multi-task like nobody's business and do it all really well! Jana has always been wonderful to me, but especially since my Mom died, she has become my surrogate mom and I will forever be grateful for her love and advice. Since she lives in Utah we don't get to see her that often, but she & Mark were so welcoming to my little family this summer when we stayed at their home for almost a week as the kick-off to our Peterson Reunion. My boys adore her and call her "Our Jana Banana"--- a nickname several of her great-nieces & great-nephews call her. All 4 of my Mom's sisters are truly wonderful and I feel a closeness to my Mom whenever I am in any of their presence. I feel so blessed to have the family I have.

Below, straight from the LDS Church website, on the Relief Society page, is a picture of this darling woman, Jana Peterson Staples. Oh, she's so cute, you say? I agree. I've also copied her bio from the RS page. Love you, Jana, and good luck tonight!

JANA P. STAPLES
Relief Society General Board Member

Sister Staples was born in Arizona to H. Burke and Brookie Peterson. She is the fourth of five daughters. After moving to Utah she attended BYU, where she met and married Mark Staples in the Salt Lake Temple. They are the parents of 5 children and 3 granddaughters.
Sister Staples has had many opportunities to serve in the Church, including the Primary, Young Women, and Relief Society auxiliaries. She delights in motherhood, being Mark’s wife, and the peace and joy the gospel brings.

Above is a picture of Jana and I from our family reunion this past July. I've posted it so small because the quality is awful-- it's really, really blurry. So, here is just a taste of a family moment on film. (To see more pics from our Peterson Family Reunion, look at my July 26th post.)

1 comment:

The Quist Family said...

I love Jana! Come up again and visit us soon. We loved seeing your family whenever we would go over to my moms. Your boys are so cute and hilarious!