skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Fun Times At Our House
The past few days have been really busy but have made for a great week. The highlights started off last Friday, September 5th, when Eric and I attended the "Talk The Vote" event at Phoenix's beautiful Orpheum Theater.
This political discussion panel was made up of 3 Phoenix talk-radio hosts and also a very special guest: GLENN BECK!!! Anyone that knows us, knows that Eric & I love politics and that we are big fans of Glenn Beck! I was so thrilled to hear him speak in person! This event was just a week after Sarah Palin had been announced as the Republican tickets' VP nominee (and I believe our hope to keep Republicans in the White House) and I was interested to hear Glenn's take on things. The 4 panel members debated issues for 60 minutes and then Glenn talked on his own for the next 90 minutes. He spoke about this great country of America that we are blessed to call home and about hopes for the future. It was fantastic and really moving! I just love him and would encourage everyone to seek out his radio program in your town (here in Phoenix it's on FM 92.3 from Noon-3pm) or you can watch his TV program, also found each weekday, on the CNNHL channel. Amazing, I know, but he really does speak to Conservatives on the Clinton News Network! Good stuff.
Monday was "Bring Your Grandparents to Lunch Day" at the boys' school and so Tye asked me if ALL of his grandparents could come to lunch with him. I reminded him that Grams & Gramps Buckley are on their mission in Oregon and can't come back (even for just one day!). Then we discovered that my Dad, aka MyPa, had a trial in court that day, but luckily Tye's new grandma Carol, aka Grammy, could make it for lunch. Tye was thrilled! Carol was so nice to come to this quick little lunch and it meant the world to both my boys.
On Thursday, a little miracle happened here at our house. I was babysitting my friend Lindsay's 12 month old little girl and after playing a while Spencer said, "Hey, Mom, I actually like playing with babies." Praise the heavens above!!! Let me explain my elation: Every time I watch friends' babies or we just hang out with my sisters' kids, Spencer informs me that when a baby cries it is very annoying to him and that he does not want to ever hold a baby or have to help entertain one. This has been going on with him since I can remember and it makes me so sad. Eric and I have been trying to have another child for a while now and it's been a worry to me about how Spenc will handle it when a baby finally arrives. Anyways, after playing with Bridget and "teaching her" how to play the drums, Spencer decided that she wasn't so bad and hung around her the remaining 2 hours! He talked to her, gave her baby toys, and even played with her! Trust me-- this is a huge step for my sweet but stubborn little boy. Oh happy, happy day!
Another great time was the Birthday Party we had for my Dad this past Saturday night. While the men stayed inside to watch the ASU game, we ladies went outside to watch our kids have a blast in MyPa & Grammy's backyard. They have an awesome Splash Zone that the kids all love to get wet in. There's also an in-ground trampoline, 2 see-saws, a water fountain, and other toys. It's a great backyard! We had a wonderful dinner and then cupcakes for the birthday boy. Happy Birthday, Dad!




9 comments:
Wow you have been busy! I am just about to update my blog about all the crazyness at the other Buckley house...
I tagged you on my blog as well.
Roger's birthday looked like so much fun! We're bummed to miss things like that. Who did the cupcakes? so cute!
WOW SPENCER!!! BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT!! I am so proud of him. It only took 5 years! Seriously you have so WAY cute pictures in this bunch. That one of your boys in the splash zone and the one of Carol w your boys and Dad with your boys. . . SO CUTE! I love when pictures turn out. I am still just blown away with Spencers comment!
i think i'm going to adopt your dad and carol as mine--i want a backyard like that!! kevin's parents are retiring this year to az--maybe i can convince them to recreate that yard...
That is the most AWESOME backyard I have ever seen!! WoW, Your Dad and Carol must really love their grandkids!
Where is that tiered cupcake thing come from. It is really cool!
your boys are just darling and growing up so much!
Your boys are adorable! That would be an awesome backyard to hang out in! I don't know who would have more fun.....the boys or me!
Lucky!! I love Glenn Beck! I bet it was great. I also was coveting your dads backyard, a little bit. It looks amazing. On a side bar note....thanks for having the doctor in this week, I needed it!
sara
Darling pictures Jaimee-I loved reading your posts...I have been out of blogging for long long and it's great to catch up!
Cute pictures of your kids. I wish that I could play in a splash zone . . .lucky.
Post a Comment