Thursday, October 2, 2008

Let's Rock-N-Bowl, Baby!

We were invited on a group date last Friday and it was such a fun night! We went to dinner at delicious Cafe Rio and then headed over to the bowling alley to strut our stuff on the lanes. Well, some of us had more stuff to strut about than others did. I was a complete embarrassment---my first game ended with the score of 60 (no, that is not a typo). I did get better as the night went on and even bowled a strike, to my own and every one's amazement! It made me very happy. Eric held his own pretty well, but it was the Favreaus that impressed us all with their skills. They were awesome! Kim bowled 9 strikes in 2 games! And as good as she was, her husband Micheal beat her score both games! Amazing. Even 6-months-pregnant Lindsay scored 4 or 5 strikes by the time the night was over. Actually everyone, myself excluded, was really pretty dang good. It was a great time. Thanks again for the invite guys, but maybe we should do a board game night next time? Just until I can practice my bowling moves... I do need to keep some dignity! :0)

The Crazy Couples: Kim & Micheal Favreau, Eric & I, Lindsay & Jim Rector, Summer & Justin Allen, and Jill & Brad Stoddard. (Thanks for the pics, Summer!)

7 comments:

Summertime Designs said...

How fun! That looks like going on a group date in high school. Cory and I need to do something like that. And I am not a good bowler either. I think once I may have gotten over 100 but I am ALWAYS below that!

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

That looks like so much fun! I can't wait to do a group date like that with Ryan!

Jueneta said...

I love how casual all the men look in the pictures. What a great idea for a group date.

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! Going on dates like that are great...they make you feel young again!

The Scotts said...

Fun times! I bowl like you except I think last time we went I got a 79!! The other couple just excluded me from the game. Ah good times.

Amy said...

So fun...I have to admit that my first date was bowling. And I scored something around 45??! We later discovered that the guys went back to the bowling alley after dropping us off. Apparently we cramped their style!

Nuestra Familia said...

You guys look so cute, I'm glad your date was fun!