I have talked with a few friends and family members about a fantastic blogging idea: The 52 Blessings Project. Once a week you talk about and post a photo(s) of something you are most grateful for. Someone suggested that this gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or things that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think it's wonderful to be more grateful for what we have right now instead of always thinking about what we want. I am excited to do this because I think this "52 Blessings" project will be a great gratitude journal for me and can help me be aware of all the blessings I have been given!
In the future I plan on doing this every Sunday and, even though I am starting a little late, can already see the benefits that have come as I've been thinking about my blessings. On that note... My 52 BLESSINGS Begins.

Number ONE: My Husband,
Eric Brian Buckley
Eric Brian Buckley
Each day I look at my husband, Eric, and wonder, "How did I get so lucky?!?" I truly believe that it wasn't just luck that brought us together, that we were meant to be, but I still feel so lucky to be HIS GIRL! I remember early in our courtship, when I was at BYU and Eric was at ASU, how I would wait with great anticipation for his daily phone calls. I still feel that way- lit up inside when I know he'll be coming home soon at the end of a work day! I am so thankful for the true MAN that Eric is.
He is my best friend; the one I call when the boys do something funny and the one I turn to when life seems to be falling apart. This past year Eric has been so understanding and tender with me as I have mourned my Mother's passing. I don't think I could have made it thru without him. I love that Eric is still my Boyfriend. He takes me on a couple dates each month and seeks to make sure I am enjoying myself. He holds my hand where ever we are- driving in the car, sitting at church, walking around a store, on a date- and this still makes my heart flutter. I love the evenings when our boys are in bed and we can just visit and be together.
Eric is also the hardest worker I know! He is very successful at his job and gets along well with everyone. He works hard at everything he does and takes such good care of us. I adore that Eric makes our lives fun! I know I can always count on him to make me laugh when I've had a bad day. He loves to tease me and knows just what to do to get a reaction out of me (most of the time this is very funny to me, too!) Our boys adore their Dad! He loves them back and truly loves to be with them. Tye and Spencer love to wrestle with Dad, go on any errand with Dad, watch sports with Dad, and most of all, help Dad "take care of business."
Eric will invite them to "help him" with his projects (yard work, carpentry projects, Home Depot runs, etc) and they love to work right along side Dad-- little mini-mes! I am thankful for Eric's role as Patriarch in our family. He loves the Savior and works along side me to teach our boys about Him. I am thankful for Eric's love and knowledge of the scriptures and always enjoy our spiritual discussions. After 11 years of marriage, I truly love Eric more now than ever and want to thank him for making me His Girl.

2 comments:
What a sweet tribute to Eric. He is an awesome guy and I love to watch the two of you interact with each other. You are MAJORLY in love!!! I love this idea of the 52 blessings and think that I'll copy it. Count your blessings, name them one by one!
What a sweet post. We always say that you guys are really perfect for each other. I'm glad that he is lucky enough to have made it in our family!!! ha ha
Post a Comment