We recently had a very exciting event happen at our house: Tye lost his first tooth! He'd been wiggling this tooth for over a month and we couldn't believe it kept hangin' on for so long! Well, it got to the point where we didn't even talk much about the tooth anymore, we just checked on that little bugger at bedtime. Imagine our surprise when Tye woke-up one Sunday morning, went to touch it, and the tooth was gone! We had all seen it in Tye's mouth the night before and then it disappeared even before breakfast! So, Eric, the boys, and I searched all over their room-- Eric practically took apart their bunk beds searching to see if it had fallen somewhere. Long story short, we are pretty sure that little bugger was swallowed and will temporarily reside in Tye's tummy until it decides to leave (how pleasant, huh?) At first this did not go over very well with our sweet yet overly-anxious Tye guy. But we reminded him that this happens to kids all over the world (right?) and that if he wrote the Tooth Fairy a letter that she'd understand and be really cool with it. So Tye explained what happened in his letter, even writing that the Tooth Fairy could "wake-up my Mom and Dad to see if it was true." Low and behold, the Tooth Fairy left Tye a nice, crisp one-dollar-bill and she didn't even wake-up me or Eric to confirm the story! Tye was pleased that she trusted him and has just discovered another loose tooth tonight. Ahhh, the drama on the journey of baby-teeth to adult-teeth!
Monday, January 14, 2008
Mom, I Lost My Tooth! But... Mom, I Think I LOST My Tooth!
We recently had a very exciting event happen at our house: Tye lost his first tooth! He'd been wiggling this tooth for over a month and we couldn't believe it kept hangin' on for so long! Well, it got to the point where we didn't even talk much about the tooth anymore, we just checked on that little bugger at bedtime. Imagine our surprise when Tye woke-up one Sunday morning, went to touch it, and the tooth was gone! We had all seen it in Tye's mouth the night before and then it disappeared even before breakfast! So, Eric, the boys, and I searched all over their room-- Eric practically took apart their bunk beds searching to see if it had fallen somewhere. Long story short, we are pretty sure that little bugger was swallowed and will temporarily reside in Tye's tummy until it decides to leave (how pleasant, huh?) At first this did not go over very well with our sweet yet overly-anxious Tye guy. But we reminded him that this happens to kids all over the world (right?) and that if he wrote the Tooth Fairy a letter that she'd understand and be really cool with it. So Tye explained what happened in his letter, even writing that the Tooth Fairy could "wake-up my Mom and Dad to see if it was true." Low and behold, the Tooth Fairy left Tye a nice, crisp one-dollar-bill and she didn't even wake-up me or Eric to confirm the story! Tye was pleased that she trusted him and has just discovered another loose tooth tonight. Ahhh, the drama on the journey of baby-teeth to adult-teeth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Jaimee, that is hilarious! I remember when you thought he might have swallowed it, and I guess you've looked hard enough that it truly happened! I love that Tye wrote a note to the tooth fairy saying that if she didn't believe him, she could ask you and Eric! How sweet. Congrats on the next one being loose, and let's hope that this time he gets to experience "putting" his tooth beneath the pillow! (Cute picture of Tye by the way).
Congrats Tye! I loved receiving his phone call to tell me the big news! He sure has such a sweet personality. I'm glad the tooth fairy trusted him and didn't have to wake you up. I hate being woken up in the middle of the night!
So how cute is that? I'm personally hoping Tye has had the biggest trauma of his life! Yea for Tye guy.
How cute AND sweet is that! I am so glad that Tye covered all of his bases writing the tooth fairy a letter. Good luck with the next one. When it rains to pours!!
Hi Buckleys! Found your blog hopping around. We LOVE loose teeth in our house. (not me the kids, it actually makes my stomach turn) We've swallowed teeth, pulled them with pliars, shot them out with air guns and a string, tied strings to something and dropped them off the top of the stairs. You name, my boys have thought of it. Loved the letter, of course the Tooth Fairy would understand. Your family is so cute!
That's funny! I tell my kids that I "need" to pull their tooth so they don't swallow it while they're sleeping. ha ha Good to know the Tooth Fairy is so understanding!! LOL
Post a Comment