Many of you know that my Mother unexpectedly passed away on December 22, 2006, and really turned all our family's worlds upside-down (I will post about my angel Mother another time). It was obviously the biggest pain imaginable and all us kids were especially worried about our Dad. After some time had passed, we wanted him to get his spark back and knew our Mom would want him to find happiness again. Well, my Dad was blessed to fall in love with a woman we all adore, Carol Ray. Carol was my Mom's cousin and, throughout her life, one of her dearest friends. Her husband was killed in a place crash 17 years ago, leaving her to raise 5 boys on her own, then ages 4-15. My mom helped Carol out so much when Mario died, and us Decker kids befriended the Ray sons. Our families became close through this all. We have loved Carol and her sons ever since and they have loved us right back. My mom had even said to my dad, "Roger, if I die before you, try and see if you and Carol could fall in love and get married." When my Dad was ready to date, it became very obvious very quickly that Carol was the one for him. They act like 20-something-newlyweds and it's so great to see them both happy again. I know my Mom and Mario are smiling down from heaven at us all.
It is very easy and comfortable to be around Carol. I like how openly we can talk about my Mom in front of Carol, and that Carol talks about my Mom in front of us, too. Four of the five Ray guys are married and I really, really like their wives! We couldn't ask for a better family to join with. On that note, I wanted to post the family picture we took the morning of Dad and Carol's wedding on August 25, 2007. The quality doesn't look that great here (my old scanner) but you can still see us all together.I love you, Dad, and am so happy for you!


11 comments:
This is very sweet Jaimee. Yep, we lucked out BIG TIME didn't we? I love every one of the Rays: Carol, her boys, their wives and all those beautiful children. Under the circumstance we've been given, things could not have worked out more perfectly. It's gonna be fun to get to know everyone better...it already has. GO ETERNAL FAMILIES!!!
Yeah! You have a blog! It's been fun to read and catch up with your family. Your boys are the cutest things. Seriously, they should be little child models. I'm glad you and the Decker family get along so well, your mom is definitely missed...and will be, but at least you have a good family to lean on.
in that comment, i mean to say that your Decker family and Roy family. I should read over things BEFORE I post them.
What a great picture of everyone! I bet family parties are a blast. All the little grandkids look like they are all pretty close in age and have plenty of playmates. Your Dad and Carol came up last weekend and went to Tanner's farewell. They are just the sweetest and look very happy. It was so fun to chat with both of them!
That's awesome for your Dad! And that's great that y'all are so happy about it too. Congrats to your sweet (and BIG) family!!!
Ack!! I wanna see that picture closer up!! It all just makes perfect sense, I love it. But I just believe that good can come out of almost any situation, You all are so blessed!
That is such an awesome story! I was so sad when I heard about your mom, and I am really glad that your dad (and the rest of your family) found happiness!!
That is such a great story!
Amen Sista!
Blessings abound! Great write up.
Hi Jaimee...I just found your blog through Shanon's. I loved this post. From the outside looking in, it has been obvious your family has been so blessed since your mom's passing last year. Beautiful thoughts!
Post a Comment