Monday, January 21, 2008

52 Blessings (Week THREE): A Blessing For Each Week of the Year

Number THREE: My "New-To-Us" Used Car

Let it be known: I am officially a Mormon Mom... I now own a MiniVan! Yes, we sold my Blazer because we wanted that third row for our much-wanted-but-no-announcement-yet next child and debated back and forth between a MiniVan verses an SUV. Everything in me was screaming, "No, you hate MiniVans!" and yet Eric's ginormous Ford truck is such a gas-guzzler that all I could think about was "Be smart: save gas money, save gas money!" In the end, my greener self won out (shock of all shocks, huh Adam?) and on Saturday we purchased a used Gold Honda Odyssey, and you know what, I love it! It handles so well and I truly love cruising around in my smooth ride. I couldn't think of a name for Her, but Eric finally thought of Goldilocks and it works! (Yes, we name our cars, we're one of THOSE families.) Our boys love to ride around in Goldilocks (you're liking the name, huh?) and sit in the back seat having their secret club that "Mom can't hear since we're WAAAAAAAY in the back." All in all, I'm so happy for this new-to-us Odyssey and look forward to many happy errand filled days to come!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Ok I have to say, I never thought I'd own a minivan either. BUT I LOVE mine too!! Congrats! They are great blessings!

The Quist Family said...

Congrats! Welcome to the club. I just entered in my self about a month ago. It's sad but true, they are so comfortable, great on gas and the kids love it. We should drag race our minivans next time we see each other.

The Scotts said...

It is gorgeous and a Honda!! You can't go wrong with a HOnda. Did you hear about NKOTB? I have been trying to get a hold of you all day, call me!

gs said...

Great James, so glad you're happen'. We missed the mini-van stage and went right to a 12 passenger van. It kept those crazy kids and teens protected.

Summertime Designs said...

Jaimee, now THAT is a pimped out ride! I love it! It looks nice and it's a Honda so it will last you for life! Hmmm, Goldilocks? I actually picture YOU being called Goldilocks, and your boys being called the 3 bears!

gs said...

Cute Sum---sounds like a redo on the mast head.

Janel said...

Yeah, I drove my van for.....7 years!! I had a Dodge Caravan (which is ALMOST as cool as the Honda) and boy was it nice. I loved it! Its crazy to say but we actually outgrew it!! It was great when the kids were littler but then we had every seatbelt filled with our kids and then when they were getting bigger, we just felt kinda crowded. We had to trade up for the SUV last year, and now I love IT.

I love goldilocks, that is too cute!

Kris-10 said...

I am very shocked you got Eric to agree to it. But he did confess to Mark that the ride is very smooth. I enjoyed riding in it on Sat. Enjoy!