Who is that darling guy you ask? Oh, that's my husband! No, not the young 19-year-old Pop Star but the cute Usher at the David Archuleta Fireside! :D

Okay, I know you really want to know about David, but I think Eric looks so cute in the below picture (first on the left) so I had to throw that in! Anyways, Sunday night our Stake was lucky enough to host a Youth/Young Adult Fireside with American Idol Teen Heartthrob David Archuleta as the guest speaker. Since Eric is in our Stake Young Men's Presidency, he was asked to be an Usher and so I went to "support" my husband. (Do you like that? I thought it was a clever reason!) David answered pre-written questions from our Young Adults, bore his testimony, and sang three hymns throughout the evening: I Am A Child of God, Be Still My Soul, and I Know That My Redeemer Lives. The songs were amazing! There is nothing like beautiful singing of hymns to bring the Spirit and peace from our Heavenly Father into a room. The Stake Center was packed back to the stage and when it was over, David stayed another 90 minutes to take pictures with anyone who wanted to meet him---I thought that was really cool of him! He seems like a good, humble kid who really appreciates what is happening to him. He was in town on tour and several in our audience had tickets to his concert the following night. It was a really neat experience for the youth in our area...Oh, yes, and me! :D
David and the Ushers (Hubba, hubba for Usher #1)

8 comments:
how cool!
Jen emailed that picture of Katie and him and I thought that was so cool. I don't watch the show but my mom just loved him.
That is so cool. Yes, Usher #1 is very handsome. I would love if David Archuleta did a church CD. I would buy it in a heartbeat. I'm jealous you got to see him!
So fun Jaime! I just thought that I would let you know that I have a spot available for you for my workshop on Saturday! It has come up kind of last minute but if you want it, it's yours! Please let me know ASAP in case you can't make so I can give it to someone else on my waiting list!! Hope to see you there!
Lindsay
info@piedpiperphoto.com
I was just talking to my YW about this last night. They thought it was so cool that he was there and they got a picture with him. We were laughing because I guess he is really short. They said he spoke after Pres. Wright (major height difference) and they had to get the stool out for him. "Um, this mike won't go down any farther, bring out the stool!" I didn't realize he was so short.
Okay, they did NOT REALLY have to get a stool out for him, but he was pretty short. I felt bad that they had to lower the podium sooo much after 6-foot-tall Pres Robinson introduced him. Cute kid, though! We all come in different shapes and sizes!
I so wanted to go even if Jared made fun of me! I love him! And yes Eric looks very handsome.
No freakin' way! I would be there in a heartbeat! And he might tell you otherwise, but Andy would love it too.
Post a Comment