Last Thursday was The Annual 1st Grade Parent Penguin Night
at Tye's school. These kids had spent weeks learning about penguins and then writing reports, creating games & charts & life-size pictures to make this an awesome night for their families---and their efforts were worth it! The night was set-up so that the 1st Graders were the Teachers (those of you who know him, know that Tye loved this! :D) The parents and siblings were invited to come in and take a seat at their child's table. Tye's desk was prepared with all his "teaching materials" and so we sat and listened to his presentation. It was excellent!

I was really impressed with how much Tye knew and how well prepared his presentation was---he had even high-lighted the lines on his report that he wanted to talk to us about! We learned about several kinds of penguins and found out that Tye's favorite penguin is the Emperor Penguin. Tye was very excited when we told him that his Uncle Jono saw penguins sitting on glaciers while serving his mission in Chile (on an island that is the southern most part of South America.) Tye told us these penguins were called Rockhopper Penguins.
Tye's wonderful teacher was there, Mrs. Jenna Brown, and gave students help when they needed it, but really let them take the reins. (BTW-We love this teacher! She is fabulous!)

It was a great night and Eric & I were proud of our little teacher,
Mr. Tye Buckley.

*Sorry these pictures are so grainy---can you believe that I forgot my camera!?! So I had to use my cell phone's sub-par camera. What a loser Mom I am!
_____________________________________Another important note...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHANON!
YOU ARE AN AWESOME SISTER! LOVE YA!
*Shanon and her hubby, Jared. This was recently taken as they celebrated their 9th Wedding Anniversary. Let's all give Shanon a Birthday shout out! Hollah!

5 comments:
How cute is Tye!! I bet he loved being the teacher! Thanks for the bday shout out!
I love Tye's glasses....they are super cute and make him look very smart and handsome!
Hey Jamie!
I'm going through my blog and realized there are posts that I never saw and responded to! How are you doing? Your boys are adorable! Looks like life is good for you guys!
Take care, Tanya
BTW, are we having a 20th class reunion?? I've got to plan my pregnancies accordingly. j/k! :)
Way to go Tye! You are so bright and I am proud of you to do so well with your presentation, and to learn so much about the different penguins. I know when I was in 1st grade, I would have used a highlighter just to color flowers. That's great that he understands the purpose of it. Oh, and happy birthday Shanon. That's a great picture of you and Jared.
That is a REALLY neat teaching tool to use at school. Hope that CW would do something like that soon. What a great opportunity! I can just tell that Tye is loving this.
Post a Comment