Monday, March 30, 2009

How Does This Happen?!?

Everyday when Spencer arrives home from Preschool,
he takes off his shoes and the insides look like this:

And this was a "normal" day---some days there is more!

How does this happen?!? How does one little person collect so much sand everyday? Each day, as I watch him dispose of his sandy mess, I wonder how many times a year schools across America need to refill their playgrounds with more mysteriously disappearing sand? Can my Spenc be the only one bringing home half a sandbox in his tennis shoes each day or is this happening in homes across the land? Just wondering.
(He sure is cute, though.)

11 comments:

My World said...

You are not alone in this quandary! Every day I see a beach come home. I have often wondered if I ought to just fill a bucket and take it back. But then I think, why would I do that??? It just comes back home again!!! (Fills my vacuum, clogs the drains...even though the shoes were taken off OUTSIDE.)

The thing that I wonder about is how he can take his shoes and socks off when he gets home, play all afternoon, take a bath, and STILL get a ton of sand in his bed. What is up with that???

Rachel Hagen said...

This is so cute. And so is he. What amazes me is that it doesn't even bother him to have the entire Arizona Desert in his shoes. That would drive me nuts! I guess he's a boy...

cherryl said...

atleast it is daily and you can anticipate it and know to dump the sand out outside... my boys just randomly have that, so i find out when i see them take their shoes off/sand pile in the house!! loved seeing the david archuleta post, i've wondered and hoped he would stay true to himself amidst hollywood! and the post about your mom really made me cry.

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Matthew does that too, every single day!!!

The Scotts said...

You should start collecting it so by the end of the year you can have a sand box!!

Kris-10 said...

That's funny, I did a similar post with Bridgette about a month ago. Crazy stuff. How can they stand walking around with that in their shoes!!!

Summertime Designs said...

That is hilarious Jaimee. I think I told you, but you had given us a pair of shoes that Spencer had outgrown. When Brock put them on for the first time, there was sand all in the velcro. I loved it! Annika is the same way, but Caitlynn never comes home with sand in her shoes. Who knows? Maybe it's the shape of the kids' shoes?

jenny said...

That is a HECK of a lot of sand. Oh, my. Hopefully it's not all over your car :)

The Lamonds said...

ha, ha- I totally remember those days of emptying out sand from the playground... I don't know how he gets that much in there though, there's like a fully on sand castle in there. Also, I noticed Kristen's juicy pic of Edward is making the rounds in our blogs- ya, it's the best I've seen!

Jaimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.