Friday, February 15, 2008

52 Blessings (Week SIX): A Blessing For Each Week Of The Year

Number SIX: MY CELL PHONE
It is something that I totally take for granted nowadays, but I don't think I would do well without my cell phone-- it is my lifeline, my phone book, and more all wrapped in one-cute-color-of-my-choosing package! In the past 8+ years, I have not memorized one person's phone number (not even my own siblings' new home numbers over the years!) I just program it in my phone and forget about it. I carry it with me everywhere and love the comfort it brings me. Now please do not misunderstand, I am not one of those people who talk on & on on their cell phones while at lunch with friends, nor do I use it loudly and nonstop in public for all to hear. But in this busy world I enjoy catching up on my phone calls while driving around and being able to make those quick calls if I've forgotten an ingredient while at the store. So, there you go--- I am a cell phone junkie and love my little purple friend! So ring, baby, ring!

5 comments:

Kris-10 said...

Amen! I don't remember what we did without one. If I forget mine even when running to the store I turn right back around and get it. Never know when a tire will blow. And heaven forbid I should have to change it.

Jen Shumway said...

Hi Jamie
Its a Jennifer Dayley from HS. Cute blog and family. Found you from Andrea blog. I also have one but I have to invite so if you want an invite I just need your email. Mine is jennifershumway@cox.net. I'll check in often if thats ok. It is fun to see what your up to. Jen

The Scotts said...

What?!?! You haven't memorized my number? I had yours the day it changed all 3 of them! But not your cell phone #. I agree, I love my cell phone!

Summertime Designs said...

Okay, I don't feel so bad that I don't have your home and cell numbers memorized! If my cell phone got broken I guess I would have to call Shanon to get your number! Yes, my cell phone is my friend too!

Anonymous said...

Spencer doesn't even know he is supposed to check in with me. When I want to know where he is I just call. His older brothers and sisters can tell you they had to check in ALL the time and tell me EVERYWHERE they went. It's a lot easier this way. Love my cell. Good Times.