A few nights ago, after Eric and I had finished cleaning, straightening, and doing the basic things that need to get done each night, we decided to watch a DVD. It was around 9:30, so I first went to check on the boys to make sure they were asleep. Both were in bed and Spencer even had his covers up to his neck, tucked in nicely. Well we watched our movie and then head down to bed around 11:30pm. As I walk by our kids' bathroom, there was Spencer-- wide awake and playing with his Hot Wheels cars! I snuck back, grabbed the camera, and caught his reaction when I said his name. He had that face of happy-naughty shock; when they know they should not be doing what they are doing, yet are enjoying themselves too much to stop. Needless to say, I was laughing so hard that he was awake like it was no big deal, so I helped him clean up his cars, kissed him goodnight (again), and tucked him into bed to stay-- at least I think it was to stay. It made me wonder, are my kids secretly awake playing in the middle of the night as I am in dreamland? Maybe that's why each morning when I go to wake them up they tell me they are still soooooo tired.
*Caught in the act, but too cute to be upset at!

14 comments:
OH my gosh he is a cute little stinker!! I love that you caught that look, its priceless!
Hey Jaimee
Im so excited to hear from you! What a surprise! Your kids are super cute, and how funny they are, pulling a fast one while your sleeping. Jennie and I just recently heard about your mom...I can't believe we didn't know sooner..sorry to hear about that. She was such a sweetheart...and I remember she LOVED chocolate. My husbands mom passed away recently too, unexpected. But congrats to your Dad on his marriage! I'm glad things all worked out with him and someone else special to you guys.
I'm excited to keep in touch~
Karen
Hey! I'm so glad you found me and also that you moved into your old house! Awesome! Your blog is so cute and I love how your son lined up his cars...
Keep in touch!
By the way, we're in Gilbert.
Jaimee he is os adorable! How could you get made at that little face.! I wonder the same about my kids!?!
That is an impressive line up of cars. Too cute.
How fun. It reminds me of one of my sister's kids. She woke she woke up one morning to the fridge open and a half a glass a milk on the floor with three not so frozen pizzas laying scattered around the house. Remember it could always be worse! :o)
Cool pic. Seth used to do that when he was little.
I think Spencer now knows that he can give you and "oops, sorry Mom, still love me?" look and get away with most things.
(Not all, just most things)
Very cute moment.
Oh get out! How super darling is that? If he stays indoors, that's a start.
Ok, Jaimee...I'm insanely shocked to hear a mother say she wakes up her chlidren...but I guess yours are probably in school. There's no way in the world that I'd be waking my boys up!
I love his line-up!
I love the cars that are lined up. He had been busy for awhile.
How funny! And I am thinking that he might be related to a kid or two at our house the way he lined his cars up like that!!
greatest story, and the pictures are even better. What a good mom to grab your camera!!
Okay, that is too funny! You were the lucky one who got your own room. Since Shanon and I had to share, we were always into mischief! (Usually we were reenacting Broadway songs, or rearranging our rooms). Spencer is too funny! And Brock is looking at this picture right now saying, "Look at the cars!"
Post a Comment