Thursday, February 28, 2008

52 Blessings (Week EIGHT): A Blessing For Each Week of the Year

Okay, somewhere along the way I missed a week,
so here is week eight:
Number EIGHT: Project Runway!

If you will allow me to indulge in one of America's great past times, I'd love to blog about my favorite reality show: PROJECT RUNWAY! I know, it's embarrassing, but don't we all secretly (or not so secretly) have a reality show that we splurge on and love getting into?

For those unfamiliar with my show, Project Runway, it's found on the Bravo channel and season four is coming to an end soon. Supermodel Heidi Klum is the host of this reality series to find a new designer and help launch his or her career. It begins with 15 contestants that are given fashion challenges each episode to make an outfit based on a specific theme. Then they have 1 or 2 days to make the outfit on a limited budget and send it down the runway on a hopeful young model. Each week someone is voted off as Heidi Klum says "we will decide who is 'in' and who is 'out'." The contestants are whittled down to 3 finalists who show their own lines at New York Fashion Week in Bryant Park. The winner gets money to put toward their clothing line and a whole bunch of other prices. Anyways, I just love this show! It's so fun to see the designers go thru the creative process and watch them make these fun clothes.

I first watched this show during the finale of season 2 and loved it. So, I've watched all of seasons 3 and 4 and had so much fun! It is on at 11pm on Wednesday nights, so I always tape it and watch it the next day during lunch or laundry folding times. Well, last night I had to watch it live to see if my favorite designer made it to the finals and Fashion Week. Ever since the first show I have loved Rami Kashou and last night he made it to the finals! I shrieked with excitement and woke Eric up who was already asleep. When I explained what had happened, he just said "oh, great," and went right back to sleep, but I was clapping and so happy! I can not wait for this Wednesday to see who wins.

There... thanks for letting me go on and on about my reality show. And if you closet-reality-show-fans want to blog about your show, I will read and be happy for your simple joys, too!

7 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

I love that you called it "my show" !

Jen Shumway said...

I have never watched it. But I love the biggest loser I am hooked.

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

I am hooked on "Smallville." I have the DVD Seasons 1-6, and currently watching Season 7.

My favorite superhero is Superman, so it is no surprise that I love Smallville.

Janel said...

Well I'm sure you know I have WAY too many "shows" if you ever read my blog. I saw a few minutes of PR teh other night, it did look fun. I LOVE Heidi Klum's hair!

Summertime Designs said...

Jaimee, I have heard this show is good but have never watched it yet. I had no idea you were hooked on this one! Our show is "The Biggest Loser" - and just so you know, a little inside scoop is that next week (on March 11), Bette Sue and Ali, along with all the other previoulsly voted off contestants are all coming back onto the show! Just a little twist!!!

onehm said...

I have totally watched this show. I'm not the faithful follower that you are, but still!
Thanks for getting me more interested!!

The Scotts said...

I never have wathced this and am laughing so hard at you. I love the Biggest Loser right now and of course American Idol!