Sunday, November 2, 2008

LIFE

If nothing else, consider LIFE when you vote this Tuesday.

In the middle of this clip, a man accuses Obama of infanticide (Dictionary.com: the practice of killing newborn infants). You may think this is going too far, but I disagree. Let me explain my opinion. Obama stated that the first thing he will do if he becomes President will be to sign the “Freedom of Choice Act.” This proposed legislation would create a federally guaranteed "fundamental right" to abortion through all nine months of pregnancy, including, a right to abort a fully developed child in the final weeks for undefined 'health' reasons. You can play the semantics game all you like, but if an infant lives due to a botched abortion and then is not given even the basic comfort-care while being left to die…that is murder to me. Could you stand by and do nothing while a baby was dying? I know I couldn't.

There is an
excellent article written by Princeton University Professor Robert George, that states that “as an Illinois state senator Obama opposed legislation to protect children who are born alive, either as a result of an abortionist's unsuccessful effort to kill them in the womb, or by the deliberate delivery of the baby prior to viability. This legislation would not have banned any abortions. Indeed, it included a specific provision ensuring that it did not affect abortion laws. (This is one of the points Obama and his campaign lied about until they were caught.) The federal version of the bill passed unanimously in the United States Senate, winning the support of such ardent advocates of legal abortion as John Kerry and Barbara Boxer. But Barack Obama opposed it and worked to defeat it. For him, a child marked for abortion gets no protection- even ordinary medical or comfort care- even if she is born alive and entirely separated from her mother. So Obama has favored protecting what is literally a form of infanticide.“ Glenn Beck also had Professor George on his radio show and here are the transcripts to that interview.

To me it is simple: If you don't believe in abortion, how can you vote for a man who does? If you don't believe in abortion, why would you want a President who will jeopardize Roe vs. Wade? Some say that this is just one issue, but to me this is one huge issue and I will never vote for someone who supports abortion.

*Disclaimer: We live in America and so we are free to express our own opinions on the issues that affect us. Since this is my blog, it is my platform to share my views. You may disagree--that is your right. And if so, you may start a blog where you can write your personal opinions. Thank you.

7 comments:

The Scotts said...

Nice how he is going to teach his daughters morally right from wrong but if they make a bad decision, he doesn't want them punished with a baby. So he will teach them to murder one instead. What an idiot. It's called adoption.

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Yeah! (in response to the scotts)

Go McCain and Palin!

sara said...

I ditto everything you just said! You ROCK!!!!

The Kemps said...

Very well said Jaime!! I couldn't agree with you more.

We do live in a country with a freedom of choice, however, a life is a life. For every woman pregnant with an unwanted child, there is a mother willing to welcome that "unwanted" child into her loving arms. ADOPTION, ADOPTION, ADOPTION!!!

Karen said...

I stumbled across an anti-abortion link and (unfortunately) saw pictures of abortions...a very very sad and disturbing sight. I can't imagine letting someone choose this type of behavior.
McCain has my vote tomorrow.

Summertime Designs said...

When I picture what Satan looks like, all I can imagine is Obama's face in my head. He is the devil in sheep's clothing. What a sadistic man!

Janei said...

I heard that interview, and it makes me feel physically sick. I can't understand how anyone's heart could be so cold.