Saturday, November 1, 2008

Eat, Drink, and Be Scary!

Happy Halloween!

Boo To You From Our Crew!
Hope You Had A Booootiful Halloween!
Blood Donors Needed...See The Count.
I Love Being Witchy
(Oh, wait, Eric may say this one is true on days other than October 31st.) :D

Okay, okay, I'll stop. But I admit it, it's hard since Halloween Is A Real Treat (ha, ha) and I truly love this holiday! The decorations, the costumes, the pumpkins, the party games, and the candy...what's not to love? This love affair began when I was a little girl and my Mom would make Halloween so fun for us! She would go all out decorating the whole house just like she did for Christmas, and even dress-up herself in a witch costume with a green oatmeal face mask and green-spray-painted hair! During the proceeding Family Nights we would decorate sugar cookies and carve pumpkins, and then on the actual day we'd begin the festivities by going over to Grandma Decker's house for donuts then off to our trick-or-treating. It was always so much fun for me as a child, that I knew I had to recreate these fun experiences with my kids each October, too.

This year Spencer was a Hunter AND a Solider - since he couldn't decide which he liked better, he used Hunter camo and a Solider helmet. My friend let Tye borrow her son's old Harry Potter Quidditch costume (thanks Karen!) and Tye loved loved loved this costume! Even Spencer was a bit jealous telling people that "Tye was someone really cool from a really cool movie and a really cool book!" (BTW- I am currently reading book two of this awesome series to my boys. Yes, all you muggles, I am a bit mad about Harry Potter!)

I Just Love Halloween!

The day began with the elementary school's "Parade of Costumes." Here comes my Harry Potter!

I had fun helping out at both boys' classroom parties. Below is a picture of each one with their fabulous teachers: Tye with Mrs. Brown and Spencer with Mrs. Miskin.

I love these decorations! Must they really come down? This is just a sampling since I have them all over my house, almost as many as my Christmas decorations---Too fun!

My wonderful hubby flew in at noon from an 8-day hunting trip in Wisconsin so that he wouldn't miss the festivities. He was tired but he was fun!

It's Harry Potter the Quidditch Seeker!

It's GI Joe, er, it's Joe Hunter! Either way, he is darling! :D

My Dad & Carol came to join in the fun and found us while we were in the neighborhood trick-or-treating. Carol made them darling goody bags with enough candy for the whole Halloween experience! Gotta love grandparents!

Enjoying the night's rewards!

8 comments:

The Scotts said...

Cute pictures of your boys. Very fun Halloween! I love that you even put the Harry Potter scar on his head. Sorry Buzz didn't work out.

Jueneta said...

Soooo cute. I love your boys in their costumes; they are adorable.

Kim A said...

Your boys look awesome....I thought you and your husband would have dressed up as Edward and Bella..come on Jaime, there's always next year! Oh and I too am sad to take down my Halloween decorations :(

Jaimee said...

Kim, that is an awesome idea! I will have to bribe Eric somehow to be Edward, but we all know I can pull off Bella. I still look 17 don't I? :D Yeah Halloween 2009!

sara said...

looks like a great night was had by all!

The Kemps said...

Great pictures!! Don't you just love it when children can't quite decide on Halloween costumes? We had the same situation at our house. Jared was a most interesting looking pirate!

Mike and Brooke said...

cute pics! I'm glad you and your fam had a fun halloween! Your boys are getting so grown up looking!

Kris-10 said...

DARLING! Those boys are just so cute!!!