Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Things Kids Say

Last Friday I was in the TJMaxx dressing room helping my boys try on new jeans for the Fall. I am kneeling on the floor, thus eye to eye with Spencer, so I can check out "the fit" of his pants.

-All of the sudden Spenc dramatically squeals, "Wooooow! Mom the tops of your eyes look soooooo cool!"
-"Thanks," I say, "it's my make-up. It's what girls do to try and look pretty."
-"Well, it worked!" was his reply.

It was so sweet! Here was my little boy, not trying to do anything but speak what's on his mind, and he made my day! So, so, so sweet!

Then On Sunday we were able to hold my friend Kim's darling little 14-month old girl during Church. Tye gave her his "Doodle-Pro" to play with and as she drew, he got this impressed expression and said to her, "Addison, I didn't know you could draw Abstract Art?!? Mom, have you ever seen a baby draw Abstract Art before? Cool!"

Moments later Spencer wanted to sit on my other side to be close to this cutie, too. (Really quick: you'll want to know that we have been praying for another child to join our family for over a year now. Okay, the story continues...) After 10 minutes his eyes get really big and looking at Addison he says, "Wait, is THIS our baby? Do we get to KEEP her?" I explained that, no, it did not happen that way and he was truly disappointed. So sweet!

I love the innocence of children and the little things they say without thought of gain or malice. I just love my boys!

8 comments:

Tanalyn said...

First of all, 4:25 in the morning...what are you thinking?And boys,boys,boys they say the darndest things.They are adorable!

Jaimee said...

4:25AM-- I couldn't sleep! After 30 minutes lying in bed I thought I'd go blog! :D

Kris-10 said...

LOL! That is too funny. I love to hear the kids say stories.

The Scotts said...

I love the abstract art comment! I don't even know what that means! Your boys are adorballe!

The Lamonds said...

Abstract Art?! Ha, ha I'd like to know what Tye's SAT scores are.

Summer said...

-k- I came to your blog expecting pics of the whole twilight mania, no post yet? You must not be a true die hard. he-he!

Cant wait to hear the fun you had, your stores are always great!!So did it live upto expectaions?

Anonymous said...

These are the moments that make being a Mom so fun! Gotta love the things kids say!

Anonymous said...

These are the moments that make being a Mom so fun! Gotta love the things kids say!