R. Clair and Frankie Robson Decker

H. Burke and Brookie Cardon Peterson
I've thought a lot about my family this past week and how thankful I am for the family I come from, especially my wonderful grandparents! I have been blessed with such fabulous grandparents on both my paternal & maternal sides and am so thankful for the examples they have been to me. All four are good Christians & active members of our Church, all have been (and still are) accomplished in whatever they choose to do, all love their families dearly, and each couple has been happily married for over 60 years. Though I wish I could do it more than I do, I love visiting with them and hearing the stories they share. I have always known that they were a source of unconditional love for me and am thankful for these wonderful people that are a part of my great ancestral heritage.
I regret that I was only able to meet one of Eric's grandparents since the other three had passed away before our marriage, but I love hearing the stories Eric tells about the grandparents he loves so much. I have been so thankful that our children know my grandparents and are able to spend time with them. What joy my grandparents bring to me and my family! I truly feel humbled by the feet that have gone before me and hope to follow in the great footprints they have left.
I love you Grandma, Grandpa Clair,
Gram, and Grandpa Burke.
Grandma & Grandpa Clair with our boys on Halloween.
It's great to see Grandma's tradition continue, as my boys get donuts and hot cocoa when they show-off their costumes before trick-or-treating just like I did 20 years ago (October 2007).
Spencer Burke taking a walk with his great-grandpa, Grandpa Burke.
"Hey Mom, Grandpa Burke and I have the same second name!" (February 2008)

Tye visiting with Gram about the quails and other animals that live in her backyard in Bountiful, UT (March 2008).

8 comments:
We love your grandparent too! Uncle Burke, Aunt Brookie, and Uncle John visited the Ray family last time we were there. So good to see them! Your grandma and grandpa are still so cute together!
So sweet. THis is a great blessing. I am going to have to use this one one of these weeks!! TFS!
We do have great grandparents! I was thinking the other day how lucky we are that they are all still alive. It is neat to be an adult and visit with your grandparents. I love them too!
You are very lucky to have such wonderful grandparents. I only had my one grandma growing up and I miss her terribly now that she has been gone for almost two years. Cherish every moment as you know.
How nice you have the only true grandparents. Oh wait, I think your mom and I have the..........
My great grandmother recently passed away, and she was the last of my great grandparents.
I have recently thought of how blessed I am to have living grandparents and great grandparents throughout my young life.
Thanks for sharing an important part of our lives: our grandparents!
Jaimee, that is such a sweet tribute to our grandparents. We really have been blessed. What cute pictures you took of your kids with them. That will be such a cherished memory for them one day.
Yeah Grandma and Grandpa!! Love them!
Post a Comment