Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Welcome To My New Niece! And My New Niece And My Other New Niece!

Congrats to my sister, Summer, who had her fourth child this past week: Claire Sheree Driggs. She was born on March 4th, 2008, at 12:33 a.m., weighing in at 8 pounds 1 ounce, and 21 inches long. She is darling! I am going down to Tucson next week to meet her and am so excited!


Since I am posting about new nieces, I thought I'd put a picture in of my sister Shanon's sweet little one, Lily Sherrie Scott. I did not have a blog yet when she was born on October 6th, 2007, so this is a picture of her at her baby blessing in December. She is adorable and always so happy!
The Jared & Shanon Scott Family- December 2007

One more niece arrived on my Decker side this past year and that is Adam & Monique's little gal, Savannah Sherrie Decker, born on March 18th, 2007.

Adam & Monique's darling little girls - December 2007

You might notice a theme here: 3 out of the 4 married Decker gals all had baby girls this past year and each baby either shares my Mom's name, Sherrie (Lily Sherrie and Savannah Sherrie) or a twist on Sherrie (Claire Sheree). All I ask is that a girl be sent into our home so we can have the chance to share in the Sherrie namesake. In fact, I can promise that if we get a girl, her name will include Sherrie since Eric & I already have the name picked out--- ELLE SHERRIE BUCKLEY to be exact. I hope my Mom can put in a good word for us upstairs because we really want a baby girl! Keep posted because we will spread any good news that comes our way in this department as soon as it happens!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Totally hoping you get your little girl...it took me 3 tries, but finally we got ours and she is an absolute joy and worth all the "work" it took to get her. (We followed a "how to" instructions to conceive a female...um, it worked!)

Meredith Ferrin said...

Those babies are adorable! What a neat tradition for your kids to follow, as far as going to grandmas on Halloween. Your boys are adorable also!

steph said...

That little girl would be WAY too cute for words. I mean, look at those boys and if you add "girl" to all those delightful genes, that's a wonder in the making! We need some more girls in the fam, so you've got my full support!!