Friday, March 7, 2008

A Day at the Zoo


As most of you know, last Fall we left Tucson and returned to buy my childhood home when my Dad remarried. Well, we are finally selling our Tucson home and have gone back to collect our furnishings and other stuff. We decided to have a fun family moment during one of our furniture-retrieving-trips and took our kids to Tucson's Reid Park Zoo. Tye and Spencer had to feed the giraffes just like they've done half a dozen other times and then say goodbye to all their favorite animal friends. We love the Polar Bears named Boris & Kobe (yes, they're in an outdoor exhibit in Tucson, AZ--they adjust to the climate!), the Zebras, Elephants, Tigers, and Bears-- oh my! If you are ever in Tucson, this zoo is a fantastic zoo! Even though it's small, it has so many different kinds of animals that you can see super up-close and personal. As I walked around I had so many flashbacks of my children growing up in Tucson. Over the years I've taken my boys to several of the Zoo's "Little Critter Classes," developed friendships as we met there for play dates, let the kids share fun moments with their Driggs' cousins, and even escaped to the animals when my home felt like a zoo-- it's been the backdrop to several great memories with my boys. I know it's time to move on, but when we visit my sister Summer in Tucson, we will have to drop in on our favorite zoo and the animals that we love so much!



Tye loves to feed these giraffes!
You walk right up to them and can basically pat them if you want!
It's soooooo cool!



Spencer gets an up close look at a Baboon.



5 comments:

The Quist Family said...

That zoo looks so fun!! I love the giraffe pictures. Everytime I go to the zoo around here, the animals are inside or sleeping...exciting!!

Janei said...

Hey! Congrats on the house! I'll still think about you guys everytime I drive by...
Janei

The Scotts said...

I really need to go to that zoo. It looks so much better than the Phoenix zoo. What a cute picture of your boys and Eric!

mindy said...

i totally miss the reid park zoo! our zoo here is free, it's part of the smithsonian, so you can't beat that. but the whole thing is on a steep hill, the animals are never as close as you'd like, and often you can't see them. that zoo really is perfect for kids (and adults for that matter), it's just the right size, with a great variety of animals. i'm happy for you that you still get to visit it every once in awhile. and congrats on selling the house!

Nuestra Familia said...

How fun, we have never been to that zoo. It looks like Ty is feeding the giraffe a chicken nugget, I'm sure it isn't.