Sunday, March 9, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom! I Miss You.

Today is my Mom's Birthday and if she were still with us she'd be turning 57. It's still really hard that she is gone and I miss her terribly every day. It's surprising how many times each day I wish I could tell her something or ask her a simple question. I hope where ever she is today, that she knows she is missed and that her life is being celebrated.

My Mom was the fun one in the room that always made others feel welcomed. She had an amazing knowledge of the scriptures and as my Aunt Robin said, had a great ability to "liken the scriptures" which benefited all who came to her for help. I miss her calling me with advice and then once we had hung up, her calling again and again with just one more quick thought she'd had. I miss her generosity, her compassion, and her guidance. I miss hearing her testimony and reading the little notes of encouragement that she wrote that were just what I needed. I miss her laugh and her great sense of humor-- she really was so much fun! She was such a great Mom and I try every day to be the same type of Mom to my boys. I know she wasn't perfect, but she was the most amazing woman I've ever known, and one I hope to come close to being as good as someday.
Happy Birthday, Mom. I love you.

My sisters put together these pictures of our Mom thru the years so I had to borrow them for my blog. Here's my cute Mom:

SHERRIE GAE PETERSON DECKER
March 9, 1951 - December 22, 2006

9 comments:

Kris-10 said...

What a wonderful tribute to your mom! And you are a wonderful mom to your boys! Like mother, like daughter.

The Scotts said...

Word to your Mom! Ha! Everytime I say that now to Jono I have to stop and we say oh wait nevermind. I don't know why I wrote that but I felt like saying it.

Anyways, lovely tribute to Mom and I hope to be slightly as great of a Mom and wife that she was. She is amazing. Love ya.

Jueneta said...

Your mom was lucky to have a daughter like you. I wish I got to know her better. I loved all of the pictures. Miss you, Jaimee.

Courtney said...

As lucky as you are to have her as your mother - she is equally as lucky to have you as her daugher!

What a great tribute to your Mom! You look so much like her and I know that her example radiates in all that you do too!

Jen Shumway said...

That brought tears to my eyes. It makes me thankful for my Mom. Your Mom looks so much like you. She was so pretty.

Marcie and Holly said...

Jaimee- I love your Mom! I can remember so many times she would give me wonderful advice. I always loved going over to your house and your Mom would treat me like one of her own. She has always been a great example to me!

gs said...

Jaimee, that was great....really. You are your mom so just keep on keepin on. She is definitely proud of all you kids and w good reason. Please call so I can come and see your family room soon. Love you--

onehm said...

So so sweet! I'm sure your mom knows how much you love her!

steph said...

I feel lucky to have been friends for a brief while with Sherrie. But I also know with you around, Jaimee, we'll always have a little bit of her spirit close by. Hey, I feel lucky to have you in my family. Thank you for choosing Prince Eric. ;) We think he's pretty cool, too. Together, with your rockstar boys, you guys rule!