Monday, March 31, 2008

52 Blessings (Week ELEVEN): A Blessing For Each Week Of The Year

Number ELEVEN: Movies!

*I know I am behind in my 52 Blessings blogs...I will catch up when I can.

Okay, I love movies. I do, I do, I do...I love movies. I love going to the theater and escaping into the fun of movie entertainment. I love the emotions that come as I watch the movies. I love sitting beside Eric as he holds my hand for two hours. I'm happy to say that this is a pass-time enjoyed by most all in my family, so it is super fun to discuss the movies we have each seen recently. My little (okay, he's 26) brother Jonathan especially loves movies and is always fun to chat with. (BTW- I know this would embarrass him but...he's single if anyone has a sharp gal to set him up with, please contact me. Jono is a doll!)

I also love all kinds of movie genres: (BTW-I must add that I've only seen the edited versions of any R-rated movies listed.) There are too many to list but here are some favs: -Action: True Lies, the Bourne trilogy, any James Bond movie. -Romance: Somewhere in Time, Hitch, Sweet Home Alabama, anything Jane Austen. -Comedies: Napoleon Dynamite, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Ferris Bueller's Day Off. -Westerns: Open Range, Tombstone. -Family films: any Harry Potter, National Treasure. -Musicals: Xanadu (that's for you Summer & Shanon), Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Oklahoma or anything Rodgers and Hammerstein. -Dramas: Band of Brothers, Out of Africa, Cold Mountain. Some Suspense: Wait Until Dark, Signs.

This summer has several movies that I am excited to see and one is Momma Mia! My parents instilled a love for ABBA in their children and I have always wanted to see the musical. I am so excited and just hope it's good! Below I've put the trailers to Momma Mia and then two other movies that I love to watch over and over again: Pride & Prejudice and Band of Brothers. (If you've never seen Band of Brothers, make that your next movie time investment--it's life changing.)

I know in our busy grown-up lives we can't watch one movie daily or even weekly, but take my advice and take some time to enjoy the movies!



10 comments:

Kris-10 said...

I love movies too! There is nothing better than sitting down after a long day and popping in a movie to escape reality. (I have to say though, the older A&E version of P&P is a 1000 times better than the new one!) :o)

Jueneta said...

Check out my blog for an AMBER ALERT!!! . . . pass it on to your readers. More information at www.KUTV.com

I love the BBC version it is awesome.

Andrea said...

we LOVE movies too!! Great post! Xanadu is one of my faves!!! :)

Ben & I also loved Band of Brothers.

BTW - If you haven't seen already, I'm having a contest on my blog. I'm picking 3 random winners on Friday. Check it out here:
http://the-dickinsons.blogspot.com/2008/03/pay-it-forward.html

Tim and Jennifer said...

Best part about this post was the dating ad for Jono. Love it!

Janel said...

I love movies too, but unfortunately I never seem to find time anymore! Mark always goes with out me with his buddies. I have had Pursuit of Happyness on my DVR to watch for a couple months now and I never get to it. I did hovever see Bee movie and Horton Hears a Who. And the Hannah Montana concert movie. I need a good grownup chick flick BADLY! LOL

Nichols Family said...

They're the best! The Sound of Music was on TV the other night and my husband laughed at me because I wanted to watch it! And I did!

Courtney said...

Love the movies! A great way to veg and get out of the crazy days of LIFE and reality, if only for 2 hours!

Summertime Designs said...

Okay, what's the deal? You didn't mention Pee Wee's Big Adventure on your list of faves!

Hillery said...

How many more days until "Mama Mia" comes out? I can't wait! And good job on the home improvements - the process is horrible, but the outcome is worth it!

Jen Shumway said...

I just finished seeing all the Bourne this weekend it was great.